navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Pain or Give Up?
Open Poetry #42
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pain or Give Up? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ILoveTheRain
since 2008-03-02
Posts 157
GA

0 posted 2008-04-15 06:00 PM

So the story keeps going on
Spinning and spinning in dizzy circles
I don’t think I can get it to stop
Things just keep happening to make it faster

The scars get worse and worse
Deeper every time I move
I just can’t find the right way
To reverse this tangled mess

It could be like night and day
I hate the day, it reveals my identity
But during the night I can hide
All by myself to be engulfed in pain

I keep wondering
If I should face the day
To overcome my fears of life
The pain it just keeps giving

But why go through the pain?
Will it make me stronger?
I may get to the point to overcome
The pain and reach happiness.

But why would I go through that
Is it worth it?
Is it really worth being hurt again?
Who can have the real answer?

© Copyright 2008 Jessica - All Rights Reserved
shyvl
since 2008-04-11
Posts 531
texas, usa
1 posted 2008-04-15 06:10 PM

I don't think I have the answer to your question, except that pain is a part of life and if we didn't know pain how could we recognize joy. I feel the anquish in your writing and thanks for sharing
sharyn

Mountain Goat
since 2008-04-06
Posts 32
High Places
2 posted 2008-04-15 06:34 PM

Can I recommend Keats' Ode to Melancholy to you? You might find some solace there.
The line between pleasure and pain is very fine, if you hide from one, the other might hide from you. Only in taking risks are we free

Great poem btw!

Seoulair
since 2008-03-27
Posts 807
Seoul S.Korea
3 posted 2008-04-15 06:45 PM

Nice poem.
Don't get hurt again.

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
4 posted 2008-04-15 08:33 PM

Pain's a given, my friend...it's what makes ecstasy such raptorous delight. If you don't seek the emotional wonder that a relationship, or 'ships', can give...you will not know anything but pain, with no chance for pleasure. One HAS to take the chance . . . or, what good is being able to love (speaking only of 'relationships here').

What's important, is not, 'should I seek..." or 'chance another' . . . but putting the one behind and Moving On To Another.  No two days are identical, and all are not wonderful or life would be terribly boring for sure.

I've been there, my friend, many years ago, and several times. . .but I never gave up and if the present 34 years went down the drain...I'd still, not give up. Loving is too precious.

My heart...

jimmy

[This message has been edited by jwesley (04-15-2008 09:52 PM).]

ILoveTheRain
since 2008-03-02
Posts 157
GA
5 posted 2008-04-15 09:23 PM

Thank you so much for that comment, it meant so much.
Thank you all for your comments.

LittleDevil
since 2008-04-01
Posts 34
Hawaii, USA (OAHU)
6 posted 2008-04-18 03:27 PM

this poem brought tears to my eyes.
tyvm
pls don't give up hope.  if u give up hope, i will have to give up hope to.  it's hard to keep fighting through pain, but pls don't give up

Caliban
since 2008-04-23
Posts 57

7 posted 2008-04-24 12:52 PM

People are always down on pain, which is understandable. But what people forget about it, is that pain doesn't have to be a bad thing. Sure most pain sucks, but not all of it. Theres heartbreak and despair, yes, but there's also the pain of new experinces,of breaking out of your shell. Theres the sweet, joyful pain of loving and sharing with another. And if you're lucky,theres the sharp pain of realizing you are standing in a moment of utter perfection, triumph or happiness that can't possibly last, but at the same time will stay with you forever. People are always down on pain. But one last thing to remember Rain is that pain, no matter what flavor it is, is only for the living. Only the dead don't feel pain. And where there is life, and therefore pain, there is always hope.

Muna seasaimid le ceartas, ní sheasfaidh ceartas linn - Francis Bacon

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #42 » Pain or Give Up?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary