navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #40 » Those voices
Open Poetry #40
Post A Reply Post New Topic Those voices Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MindBodySoul
since 2007-01-10
Posts 196
NJ

0 posted 2007-05-15 03:21 PM

In my dream
I found myself in a box
surrounded by voices
is it my subconscious
talking?
paralyzing, the need to say...
can't move nor talk...
but those voices!
warning me not to speak

Echoes in my head
those voices
telling me I shouldn't say
my words
will not be heard
gone with the wind

This box is so cold
the voices so real
need to wake up
but is it really a dream?

Jen--->MindBodySoul

© Copyright 2007 Jeannette Urrego - All Rights Reserved
Startime55
Member Elite
since 2003-04-05
Posts 2148
Alberta, Canada
1 posted 2007-05-15 03:33 PM

WOW!!! Powerful writing...keep putting your words here and they will be heard...*Big Hugs*
Drauntz
Member Elite
since 2007-03-16
Posts 2905
Los Angeles California
2 posted 2007-05-15 06:29 PM

My dear Jen, this is soooo beautiful and a truly beautiful and with profound meaning.
I truly love this one.

have a nice day, Jen.

Jaime Fradera
since 2000-11-25
Posts 843
Where no tyranny is tolerable
3 posted 2007-05-16 08:04 PM

I would never tell my clinician I hear voices, because then they'd lock me up and shoot me up with anti-psychots.  Instead it is the thoughts of the inner figures of my mind, talking to each other or to me, that come to me; thoughts rather than voices, except in dreams.  In dreams the inner figures emerge personified and may enact dramas that can leave me waking miserable or comforted.  It would be hard to prove, but I think we are socialized from the very beginning not to pay attention to the inner world, which we are told is precisely that which is not real.  Among the first things everybody learns (after learning to talk) is to:
Shut up!
And so, after a while, we get the idea, and internalize the injunction to "shut up."  I believe this is at the core of what we call "writer's (or even talker's) block."  "Don't stare out the window ... stop running your big, stinking mouth you have bad breath you miserable ... ...."  Now I am trying to undo some of the damage to the suppression of my creative spirit by care-taker and custodial types who kept telling me to be quiet and do what I was told. ( Can I do that here on Passions?)  To do this I employ the imaginal device of listening to the inner muse.  When she admonishes me to write, I have no choice but to stop what I am doing and get on this computer.  And she will bring me what to say, and I just take down and spell check her dictation.  It is this invisible inner figure who stands behind me, giving me her soul, leading me to what is beautiful and good, and imparting to me the animating divine spark of Life.  Until a write project is finished, I may not eat, and nothing gets done around the house, or anything.
I'm not very bright myself, I just take down dictation.
Thus it is that I respond to mind-body-soul from my own mind-body-soul ...

Southern Cross

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #40 » Those voices

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary