navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » Silent Majority
Corner Pub #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Silent Majority Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa

0 posted 2007-11-08 07:35 AM

I was thinking just the other day,
perhaps not for the faint of heart,
nor those with secrets locked up tight,
or petty fools with mundane lives;

about the random twists of fate,
that shapes a person’s destiny,
the subtle shift to left or right,
that makes or breaks the fragile life;

is it luck or skill for some,
who seem to wind up with it all,
while other’s struggle in futility,
to stand alone with simple pride;

the game that seems to favor few,
and drives the rest to deep despair,
devised in deadly measured steps,
by heartless men who lust to rule;

to sell that sweat and blood for gain,
oblivious to the moans and cries,
of faceless drones chained in agony,
to lives no one was meant to live;

the guilt is heavy in the mind,
for those who see but turn away,
I was thinking just the other day;
(a thing a man should never do)

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

© Copyright 2007 pegasus111 - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2007-11-08 10:06 AM

Ah, but that is exactly what a poet does.

He thinks about the twists of fate,
That make one small the other great,
And ponders on how it would be,
If I were you and you were me.

If we knew it all, perhaps we'd choose
To not walk in the other's shoes.

Thanks for the thoughtful message this morning, dear poet friend.  Love, Joyce

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

2 posted 2007-11-08 10:41 AM

enjoyed...but at my age, thinking is all that is left for me to do!
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

3 posted 2007-12-07 05:37 PM

Very well expressed, Pegasus. Something I wish I had written.
2dalimit
Member Elite
since 2000-02-08
Posts 2228
Mississippi coast
4 posted 2007-12-13 10:53 PM

the guilt is heavy in the mind,
for those who see but turn away,

You have presented a lot to think about.
Thanks,
Melton

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

5 posted 2007-12-18 12:55 PM

i believe "fate" and "destiny" are intwined within one's dna and that the concept of "freewill" is being altered as i write. one day the pieces of the genetic puzzle will tell us a human's "will" is less than "free".
pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
6 posted 2007-12-20 05:58 PM

Well RV, you are free to express your opinion....or are you?

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2007-12-20 06:58 PM

AhPeggers~

'I was thinking just the other day;
(a thing a man should never do)'

PRICELESS !

Merry Christmas my friend~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -       noles1@totcon.com     

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

8 posted 2007-12-21 11:14 AM

an opinion...no (but at 68 years of age one could easily fall into that mode of existence)...i'm more inclined to "think" of it as expressing an emerging thought pattern...but that is something a man should never do!...hummmm, not sure that i've been understood. to express myself in another way, let us "think" about some aspects of human color...hair for instance might be brown, black( a very, very dark brown) or blonde to name a few, one's eye color on the other hand might be green, brown or blue and skin color might range from a very dark brown to a very light tan. these "natural"  aspects of human color are controlled by one's inherited dna and the influence it has in producing the specific concentrations of proteins that cause these colors. dna contols protein synthesis in the body and helps explain the colors, blood types and even some studied abnormal behaviors in human beings. we have, also, seen the impact that human growth hormones and steroids (the artificial form of a hormone, testosterone) have had among professional athletes. these substances, too, are proteins. therefore, will the human fate of "fate" and the human destiny of "destiny" be altered by bio-chemical knowledge from genetics? if so, then what becomes of the concept of freewill? can't help but think about it!...something a man should never do...hummm?  
r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

9 posted 2007-12-21 11:38 AM

pegasus, hope you would return to my comments, to you, in the poem "zeitgeist". i sense static in communication. could be a wave length problem.
pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
10 posted 2007-12-23 06:55 AM

an interesting science lesson on dna. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the thousands of decisions people choose to make on a daily basis.Not all athletes choose to use steroids. Not all people choose to lie, cheat, steal, commit murder. Although some research on dna suggests that certain gene patterns may influence the development of serial killers, this does not explain why some people choose to abuse their children.Not to mention the influence the environment has on individuals.

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

11 posted 2008-01-09 12:24 PM

enjoyed to know you found the science lesson interesting but disappointed you did not "see" the connection that dna has on the thousands of decisions people "choose" to make on a daily basis.

yes, all athletes do not use steroids. all people do not lie, cheat, steal, commit murder or abuse their children and yes, the environment does influence behavior, indirectly, by influencing protein synthesis.
protein synthesis is regulated in response to environmental stress. a common example of a bio-chemical response to a cause and effect relationship is "seen" when a child consumes lead based paint and its effect on haemoglobin synthesis and the development of anaemia...and, yes, not all children in the "appropriate" environment will eat lead based paint...but in a civilized society, by human law, there is accountability and when a child does eat it, someone is held responsible. I have no problems existing with the inconsistencies of the circumstances in life but i do think about them.

p.s.
enjoyed your poem and believe it was written with "tongue in cheek"!...in reference to:"(a thing a man should never do)"

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
12 posted 2008-02-03 05:57 PM

Very Well expressed Indeed !

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » Silent Majority

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary