navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » Democracy
Corner Pub #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Democracy Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North

0 posted 2007-09-16 07:18 PM

"Democracy"

Stars and Stripes,
and a marching band.

Walkin' down the street,
with a gun in my hand.

I'm nine feet tall,
struttin' my stuff.

When I get "in country",
I'll be takin' no guff.

DEMOCRACY!!
That's what it's all about.
FREEDOM!!
Shout it out!!

Stars and Stripes,
and a marching band.

Now I'm on a plane,
to a far off land.

When I finally put
boots on the ground,

There's no fast food,
to be found.

They've covered up their women,
so there's nothing to see.

Lord have mercy,
they need democracy!!

These people don't know
what they've been missin',

I'm talkin' plain English,
but they just won't listen.

They're shootin' and shoutin'
and they don't understand,

that someone put OUR oil,
under their sand.

Beneath their rage,
there's a pile of fear.

I only wish,
Phil or Oprah
were here.

Some people criticize,
but they don't know,

in this New World Order,
you're either friend or foe.

Now it's nine months later,
and I've changed my tune.

I'm the only one left,
from my Platoon.

I'm tired of searching
for WMD's,

I'd settle for a coke,
and burger with cheese.

Democracy...has a hollow
sound,

When you can't escape an incoming round.

© Copyright 2007 Paul R Breen - All Rights Reserved
r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

1 posted 2007-09-17 10:28 AM

moon, i agree! for 34 years and 6 days, i have been aware of the hollow sound of which you speak and it is not due to the crack in the liberty bell! instead, i believe it is related to a vision problem. ever since 9-11-73, i have been aware that the path our nation has been following has veered away from truth and justice and what has become the american way is destroying the faith of its own people and the people abroad. alan greenspan was a member of the consortium for years and understands how the greed is getting out of hand. the consortium, by controlling supply/demand economics and world population, though a war economy, have failed. The new world order is not working. by the light of the moon, the world is slowly becoming a dog eat dog situation.
Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
2 posted 2007-09-17 02:57 PM

Very interesting poem, I enjoyed the truth of it.
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
3 posted 2007-09-17 04:02 PM

Thank you wooo and Marchmadness.
Yes, it breaks my heart to see
the Nation that was a "Beacon of light"
to the rest of the world,
"step into the shadow."

P.S. "by the light of the moon, the world is slowly becoming a dog eat dog situation." Quite the play on words there wooo....              

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

4 posted 2007-09-26 09:58 AM

moon, we live in a world of systems. some of them are natural in origin...others are man made. in the great white north, there is the moondog or the grey wolf. in the artificial world we find the grey wolves of finance. each dog, regardless of kind, is fighting for survival.
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
5 posted 2007-09-26 10:10 AM

True wooo, but is it not a "Dirty Dog, that fouls its own nest?"
r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

6 posted 2007-09-26 11:30 AM

i'm not so sure the dirty dogs are fouling their own nests as much as they are feathering it for themselves and their families. true, when they are caught with their hand in the cookie jar, they are fined and imprisoned for a time but most return to the enjoyment of life and freedom. it is the rest of the world that is made to suffer from the foul deeds.
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
7 posted 2007-09-26 07:32 PM

I hear what you are saying brother wooo, but what do we do about such transgressions?
     I personally don't know if someone who does such things could actually, "return to the enjoyment of life and freedom." With a moral compass bend that far out of alignment I would think that their insides would be a festering caldron of dis-ease, and that the laws of Karma will deal with them far more effectively than I ever could.

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

8 posted 2007-09-29 12:00 PM

personally, i don't think the transgressors have a moral compass. that is why they are able to do what they do. i believe their minds function beyond conventional wisdom. they consider themselves to be above the law! for them, enjoyment is what money can buy and freedom is a purchasable commodity.
r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

9 posted 2007-10-06 12:51 PM

there was a fragmented effort by dr. harry murray and dr. timothy leary, at harvard university, that came to a close by 1963. its purpose was to produce "truth" and "justice". these personifications were to be used by a phase of the military complex to preserve the "american way". when normal justice could not prevail, equilibrium would be restored  by the "supra-justice". tho the mk ultra program was, supposedly, dismantled by '63, i still see a modus operandi that closely resembles its functioning in today's world...the evolution of democracy has become so skewed, the truth of what is the american way is a very alarming reality!  
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
10 posted 2007-10-11 10:35 AM

I wouldn't be too disillusioned wooo, the upcoming generations I feel are far more spiritually advanced and are on the cusp of setting things right. Might take 10 years or so, but in the overall picture, that's a drop in the proverbial bucket.
r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

11 posted 2007-10-12 10:45 AM

ahhh, hope is but a dream and "some men see things as they are and ask , why? ...while others dream dreams of things that never were and ask, why not?"
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
12 posted 2007-10-12 06:30 PM

brother wooo, you are indeed a philosopher, good to "see" you again.
              moon.

r v wooo
since 2007-08-07
Posts 656

13 posted 2007-10-16 11:53 AM

moon, just for grins...if you ever have the interest or some time to spare...check into the history of the incarceration of ezra pound in st. elizabeth's hospital...and let me know if you see a parallel between our government's actions... then...and now. also, pound was aware of facts concerning the federal reserve system (an example of an economically controlling manmade system) that has been suppressed ...then...and now. my friend dr. rosenzweig interviewed ezra during his incarceration and he sparked my interest in the subject long ago...the subject of democracy, truth and justice.
NV Sailor
since 2007-10-22
Posts 5
Nevada, U.S.
14 posted 2007-10-22 12:52 PM

Well, while I don't agree with the messege of your poem, being a veteran and all, I do think that it is very well written and has a great flow to it ( I don't know if 'flow' is proper literary termanology, but oh well).  Good job.
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
15 posted 2007-12-08 02:27 AM

thanks for the comments NV.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Corner Pub #3 » Democracy

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary