navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Poem2
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poem2 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lady Ayla
since 2008-07-19
Posts 84
WV, United States

0 posted 2008-08-04 02:17 PM

"Are you sure you love him?" She asked, knowing all to well that she didn't, she couldn't, she was lying, she didn't know what love felt like.

"Of course I love him."

"Have you ever hurt because he hurt? Have you ever stayed up at nights thinking about him? Thinking about him holding you, or kissing you?"

I could image what her face would look like, full of confusion, radiating the truth behind my words. She hasn't, she couldn't. She didn't understand.

"Have you thought about never seeing him again? Tell me, was he the one person who could make you laugh when you were crying, or make you cry because you miss him so much and just want to be with him? Just to hold his hand, or touch his face?"

I paused, I had to pause, for the love was swelling up inside my chest, the tears were threatening to drip down my face, hooking at my chin and nose. The anger that shouldn't have been there was there, mixing with the love, causing my eyes to roll upwards and my fingers to type faster.

"Have you cried because you hurt him, doing what you think is best for him? 'Cuz you haven't. That's why you aren't answering me. 'Cuz I'm the one who truly loves him."

I'm the one.

© Copyright 2008 Heather L. Baker - All Rights Reserved
Melissa Inside
since 2008-07-19
Posts 13
Baltimore
1 posted 2008-08-06 11:35 PM

i think i know who this is about. i think...

[=

Lady Ayla
since 2008-07-19
Posts 84
WV, United States
2 posted 2008-08-06 11:49 PM

Lol yeah, but I wrote it a long time ago, I just revamped it up.
StaceyBenjilt
since 2008-08-21
Posts 12
WV, USA
3 posted 2008-08-21 07:23 PM

Wow! That last part shocked me! While reading it I thought it was a man convincing a girl that he was the one for her, but no. Nice one, now that I read it all ot kind of sounds like my situation with Kory (I know thats not it I'm just relating to it) especially that they're typing at a computer. Wonderful, poem. Viginette? Whatever it is it's awesome.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » Poem2

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary