navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » My Frozen Heart.. ( a poem for Keagan,)
Teen Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Frozen Heart.. ( a poem for Keagan,) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois

0 posted 2008-06-14 12:00 PM

A poem for Keagan Lear (I'm the arch angel), once a great friend.. now.. well.. i don't know what he means to me anymore... And i seriously doubt he'll read this and actaully care.....

My Frozen Heart

To see the smile lying on my face.. is just another lie.
To see you hurting on the inside, kills me as days go by.

I tryed to do what I can but still this job was left undone.
We end up having our own wars. But this battle can't be won.

I'm giving up and I give in.
Theres no point and letting me win.

Because even if I win, I lose something close and dear.
Your my greatest friend Keagan, and if I lose you, you'll completed my darkest fear.

I fear the day where I'll move on, and I'll leave you in the past.
But even if I do go on, I'm just another outcast.

We're both the same and both complete in many different ways.
I really want to help you, even if this problem isn't mine.. Trust me if could, I'd pay the price to pay.

My back is at your door crying myself to sleep.
But its allright... I won't ever have to weep.

I'm tired of crying and im forgeting to care.
Just leave me in vulnerablility and bare.

I don't wanna here your voice because i've wasted my time with you.
Even if you say your sorry.. too bad.. sucks for you...

"It might be easy to fall for someone but it's also easy to break a heart." - Zach Booker.

© Copyright 2008 Zach Booker-Scott - All Rights Reserved
eternally_singing
since 2007-12-18
Posts 123
PA, United States
1 posted 2008-06-14 12:29 PM

Fantastic poem. Also one which I can relate to very well.

My favorite line is “I'm tired of crying and im forgeting to care.” Since to me, that explains the feeling completely. Also in my opinion, it is one of the hardest feelings out there

Very well done~ library

Just.Another.Falling.Star
since 2008-05-08
Posts 422
Canada
2 posted 2008-06-14 12:31 PM

Nice poem Zach. Hope he understands what you're feeling. Library.

~*Julianna*~

Six Semper Tyrannas - Thus always to tyrants...

XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
3 posted 2008-06-14 02:58 PM

I know how you feel. But it'll hurt him even more if you give up on him. All he's doing is testing you because he doesn't want to hurt you. And now would be the time where you're thinking, "but it hurts even more when he doesn't let me help" And i know that feeling to well. We both know someone who is just a stubborn as Keagan, but she's my best friend in the whole world and I wont ever give up on her. If you give up on Keagan it's just like saying you don't care. But i know you do 'cause you're his friend. Of course it'll be hard, but he's been through so much he's just built walls. We all do, yet we have to learn to bring down our's before we can try and take down other people's. If we just try and blow it up with one blast everything that's on the other side might get crushed from all the bricks or ice. You have to take it one step at a time, 'cause I know Keagan cares about you, and i know you care about him, you're both just to confused to see it. You have to look past the lies, and the confusion, and the tears. Because behind all that keagan wants you to keep trying, and behind that I know you do to. 'cause to loose a best friend is murder, and to give up is suicide. sorry i wrote so much, best of luck with it though.

{~~*~~}

"You are not loyal enough to eat my orange jelly beans!...'cuase dat's just how I roll.."
{~Emily~}

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
4 posted 2008-06-14 03:41 PM

Yes Em' I know he's just putting up the walls... but my question is why? If he could be more open about and a little self concious about himself maybe I wouldn't have to feel this way.. I know this battle is for him to get over not me... I don't know how it feels like to be him.. Its way harder then you think to try to help someone that you don't even know how to solve.... that's my problem... sometimes you just want to give up.. I mean when it comes out you to fighting over it b/c you just can't help them... i'm only giving up b/c i don't want to fight... if that mkes any sence to you.... and i know we both know someone who's just like keagan...

"It might be easy to fall for someone but it's also easy to break a heart." - Zach Booker.

XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
5 posted 2008-06-14 07:10 PM

I do know what it feels like to think you can't do anything, but you can. If Keagan's your friend and you love him as one, you wont give up. I know how frustrating it is, and i know how lonely it can turn out to be when someone gives up on you. We put up wall because we are scared, and trying to protect ourselves from something. Everyone has there own reasons.

{~~*~~}

"You are not loyal enough to eat my orange jelly beans!...'cuase dat's just how I roll.."
{~Emily~}

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
6 posted 2008-06-14 09:31 PM

Your right (once again) Em. I know he's going through stuff.. and I know he'll need my help.. I do love him like a friend... But its hard to climb over walls... if you know what i mean.. I'll give him another chance.. thanks for the talk.

sercerely,

Zach  

XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
7 posted 2008-06-15 09:52 PM

The thing is though that you don't have to try and climb over, all you have to do is look for the hidden doorway, get in and from the inside, take the walls down brick by brick.

{~~*~~}

{~Emily~}

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
8 posted 2008-06-16 01:17 AM

Screw this!!!! Keagan doesn't need my help!... because his "all mightiness" is to "highly" and to much better then me to help...

I could careless now what happens!! The little punk can deal with his own problems.. I already got enough on my plate..

I regret ever meeting him....

Sorry Emily.. I guess I bit off more then I could chew... Your on your own here..

XxForever.BrokenxX
since 2008-01-20
Posts 891
Neverland
9 posted 2008-06-16 05:01 PM

Fine, do what you will. I'm not giving up.

{~~*~~}

{~Emily~}

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
10 posted 2008-06-17 09:06 PM

Never mind.. I'm gunna try to talk to him.. I'm to gunna give up on him either... I don't want to...
Thanks for your guy's help and all.. I needed  the encouragement

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #8 » My Frozen Heart.. ( a poem for Keagan,)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary