navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Since when was valentine's day so complex? I need ideas..
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Since when was valentine's day so complex? I need ideas.. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden

0 posted 2004-02-09 01:21 PM

I was really thinking that I was not going to have a boyfriend on Valentine's day this year..

surprise surprise... I somehow manage to have landed one.

Which makes Valentine's Day all the more fun, but also more complicated.

I can't simply mope around this year, doing absolutely nothing.

And I have no idea what he's doing, so I don't know what to do.

Basically, I need suggestions..

I'll give you a cookie if you give me a suggestion...

© Copyright 2004 Allysa - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2004-02-09 01:23 PM

Now cookies ARE a good start!  I think Valentines Day should always include the KISS theory...don't you?
KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
2 posted 2004-02-09 01:29 PM

How can you show the person in your life that you are grateful for their affections?  What is a good method to tell someone you love them and don't really care to know a life without them?  What makes your significant other feel special?

do it :-)

Masked Intruder
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 Tours
since 1999-05-23
Posts 1231
Near golden sunsets
3 posted 2004-02-09 07:31 PM

What's the KISS theory?  

*frightened*

-*-*-

Immortality is my illusion.

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
4 posted 2004-02-10 07:48 AM

I'm not sure what the "kiss theory" is... Sunshine?  

I'm a little scared.

Anyway, Yeah, he and I share a mutual love for music, so I'm probably going to make him a CD among other things..

KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
5 posted 2004-02-10 08:22 AM

KISS

Keep
It
Simple
Silly

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
6 posted 2004-02-10 12:28 PM

Ahhh... well, I'll have to keep that in mind then..
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
7 posted 2004-02-13 12:23 PM

Allysa honey, I hope these ideas help!

*Give a "Love Certificate" that can be redeemed for a walk, dinner, dancing, and so on...

*Give a "Time Certificate" and with it a commitment to do anything he or she wants at the time it is redeemed~something you normally son't like to do.

*Leave "I love You" notes everywhere. Hide them around the house or office etc.

*If you are a gardener, plant your flowers so that the words " I LOVE You are spelled when they bloom.

*If you like to bake, hide love notes wrapped in aluminum foil in your partners favorite cake.

*Make up signs on posterboards and leave them in conspicious places (by stops signs, alongside of road) on the route your loved one travels regulary. ( just make sure you have persmission from land owners or authorities to put them up and be sure to remove them)

*Create giant banners with your computer and printer that say things like " I love You", "Welcome Home"

*Find a local company that creates fake newspapers, and have them print one with a heading that say "I love.....for ever and ever! states ( your name).....Passionately."
leave it in a conspicuous place for your lover to find.

*Send ten, twenty, or more carefully chosen cards ( one for each day, month, year, you have been together) saying "I love you and all the wonder and love you bring into my life." you can send them one at a time or all at once.

*create a scrapebook of your life together, it might have pictures and drawings,include poetry and love letters, and or be a story.

* have a mug, t-shirt or keychain made with a picture of either of you two, or just you.

*dedicate a love song to your mate via his or her favorite radio station.

* make a special cd or cassette recording of your loved one's favorite songs/music and introduce them yourself, making approiate dedications, he or she will cherish that tape for years to come.

* Frame the words to a mutually favorite song and give it to your companion as a gift.

* Give a bottle of her favorite perfume, his favorite cologne along with a personalized note.

*Surprise your loved one by buying his or her favorite "take-out" and bringing it home while renting and watching a favorite romantic movie.

* Present your love with an award...inscribed..."World's Greatest Love, husband, wife, etc. (can be printed off the computer, doesn't have to be a trophy.)

* Honor them with a medal inscribed "For (wahtever) above and Beyond the call of duty." A few suggestions are "Romantic Actions," "Loving," "Chivalry", "Gallantry", "Beauty" and "Loving Gentleness."

*Send a poem that you wrote just for her or him. It doesn't even have to be good-just thoughtful and personal.

*Sending a bouquet of specially selected helium-filled ballons, at least one of which has a note in or attached to it expressing your love.

*Buying a special gift that he or she would truely love, and having it delivered by the local pizzeria along with your favorite pizza. You would be surpised what you can hide if you "core out" enough pizza boxes and stack them!)

*Finding a gift that makes your loved ones collection more complete.

*Having a surprise lunch delivered to her/his office ( Don't forget the love note)

*Brown-bagging a lunch made up of some of her or his favorite foods ( include a love letter).

*Surprising her/him with a wonderful dinner you made yourself-complete with flowers, selected music, candles.

*nameing a star after your loved one (the international Star Registry can help you out)
complete with certificate and star map. Point out your personal star's star during an evening stroll!

*Planning a "scavenger hunt" of entertainment for your loved one. Select(and arrange for) special romantic settings that he/she would enjoy-like dinner on the beach, followed by front row seats at a comedy show, play, movies, then stop at a favorite dessert spot.Ask the ma^itre d' (or equivalent) at each stop to tease her/him with riddles providing clues as to your next destination. It can be wonderfully suspenseful and exciting!(remember it is the little deatails that make the hunt romantic.)

Open your eyes, open your mind, open your heart, let me come in and show you love.....~ARH

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2004-02-13 02:07 AM

Or? you might just try telling him that you love him.

*heart*hugs*

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
9 posted 2004-02-13 07:57 AM

Thanks guys.  I think I've got it covered now..
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Since when was valentine's day so complex? I need ideas..

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary