navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Argh, PEOPLE
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Argh, PEOPLE Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US

0 posted 2004-02-03 11:26 PM

They say as you grow older, life startles you sometimes.  Life can teach you something that really just throws you for a loop.  Know what life is teaching me?  (MOST)People don't care.

(MOST)People don't care.  No, don't try to tell me they do.  I wont listen. (OK, obviously I will)  Think about it.  Prove it.  Don't we all THINK people care, wait for them to show it...just to end up waiting really for that cold day in hell?  (I've waited and waited....for people in MY life to prov they aren't what I THINK of them...and they don't)People spend their entire lives trying to convince people that they care, (not just me...everyone in their lives too)only to show them in the end that they don't. (not that everyone in their lives has seen it, or realized that the person isn't completely truthful either) People spend years...I mean YEARS building something....(whether that mean friendship, family, or relationship)and just walk away.  No explanations, no reasons.  Just cold...hard....who CARES.  You can spend your ENTIRE life with someone.  You can think you know them inside and out.  Then, something happens and they forget who they are...and lose themselves.  People are selfish.  People just want to grab, grab, grab...and if you find ANYTHING you want in life you have to become just like everyone else dig deep and GRRRRAB.  People seek to glorify themselves.  (I don't care if they are a housewife or in the Red Cross...)They are out for #1...and if someone gets hurt in the process, oh well. (at least that's what the attitude CONTINUOUSLY shows) They would not give up people's opinion of them no matter the cost. (well, honesty is that cost) They will give you what you want, unless it's not inconvenient for them.  I'm tired, I'm in the mood to rant, (RANT RANT...I was just ranting.  I know there are good people.  I'd like to think I'm one of em')and I have to go to bed.  Maybe I will finish this later...but feel free to rant on your own...

Have an absolotely wonderful night....

[This message has been edited by KristieSue (02-04-2004 04:37 PM).]

© Copyright 2004 KristieSue - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2004-02-03 11:36 PM

We have to make small gestures..tonight? The woman ahead of me in the drug store was short 86 cents on her bill. She was going to have to put something back. She looked like she wasn't too well off ..and she was buying cleaning supplies. I gave the cashier a dollar and smiling, told the woman anyone who has that kind of work ahead of her needs a little break. I told her to pass it on sometime when she could - if she saw someone who was a few cents short.

Small steps....

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

2 posted 2004-02-04 12:38 PM

What about people who die for their friends and family, or even for people they don't know all that well?

I can't say that I've died for anyone, but I care. You can argue all you like, but I care. I probably would have just listened to you and not argued, if I was smart, but I'm a little bit rankled and offended. Not everyone just doesn't care. I spent a year of my life giving everything I had to someone who didn't care about me because I cared about her. I moved, and she's not really interested in keeping in touch, but if I was still there, I'd still be helping her out.

If I sound at all abrasive or rude or curt please don't take it personally. I'm really not trying to be. As good or bad as I may be at writing poetry, I'm really bad at conveying my feelings about something specific. My apologies.

Kielo

Wisdom outweighs any wealth

Sophocles

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2004-02-04 01:06 AM

SOME people may not care....

Kielo, you expressed yourself perfectly. You were hurt and are able to get up and move on. That takes guts! And to not let it color your life also takes guts.

Never sink to someone's level. If they are mean, stay true to who you are and be nice. Life is easier when you stay faithful to your own heart.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2004-02-04 01:55 AM

people are not all bad, there are some good people in life, in my life.

Be good to others and most will return.

KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
5 posted 2004-02-04 03:46 AM

Do you ever feel like everything you do is in vain?  Ever feel like all the good you do is just buried in the deep?

PdV, Kielo, and Dix~ I am glad to hear you are not the general population.  I guess I tend to use the word "everyone" a bit too easily, but at the moment, MY reality is everyone.  Each man for himself is what I keep hearing...

bear with me...I apologize

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2004-02-04 06:57 AM

Sometimes it is the people we work with who color our world so vibrantly with the shade of red.  Did I read somewhere once that you are a nurse, or a nursing student?  Could it be a work situation that you had feeling that no one cares?

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
7 posted 2004-02-04 08:51 AM

I wish I could say it was.

It's a mixture between friends and family that have caused me to feel this way.  At the moment, I have two people in my life that I can rely on no matter what.  Although I am extremely grateful that I have them, I am feeling the loss of a lot of things right now.  None of it makes any sense...and no matter what I do to make sense of it, things just get more messed up.  I've lost faith in dang near everyone...and no longer trust ANYONE.  Two years ago I was completely the opposite, so this is a hard pill for me to swallow.  I question everything and everyone...whether it is realistic (people in my life) or not (the internet).  The stupidest things upset me because I let the big things continue.  I really don't know how to deal with this.

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
8 posted 2004-02-04 11:53 AM

KS- I think you don't give enough people credit... yes, there ARE too many people who aren't caring for anything except self glorification... however, there are just as many who care nothing for it....
Firefighters, and EMT's DON'T do it for the glory... that I can promise you (well, the one's who do don't last long), The Shriners, Red Cross disaster volunteers (and the teachers), The Shriners, Patch Adams, most members of the Marine Corps League, most Little League coaches, blood donors... the list goes on, and on, and on......
Anyhow... just my not so humble thoughts

But now the animal is in pain...
And now it's starting to rain...
But I'm still the same.

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
9 posted 2004-02-04 04:30 PM

Like I said before, I shouldn't have said EVERYONE...it was one of those vague words people tend to use when they're ranting.

Ringo you SHOULD know me well enough to know that this during this rant, I NEVER would have meant this towards any service people.  Really I meant nothing towardsanyone during this rant. No one but people I am upset with.  

But, not all men/women in the military or Red Cross...and anything else you mentioned are selfless.  No one is perfect.  I will go back to my original post and edit how I truly feel in brackets.  

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
10 posted 2004-02-04 07:55 PM

Actually, at the risk of irritating everyone onn here, and alienating myself beyond repair, nowadays, it seems that most people in the military are in service for selfish and self-serving reaons, and not for the purpose of serving their country, and ll of that. Kids are joining (except in times wo war, when they jump on the patriotic band wagon) to get an education, to get experience, to see the world, for a host of other reason that serve themselves more than their country.
actually, I am going to include myself in that generalization, to show that I am not anti-military (as anyone one here should know)... The reason I joined the Marine Corps is, plain and simple, I got bored one day, and stopped in to see what the recruiter had to say. I never considered any other branch, however, that is why.

But now the animal is in pain...
And now it's starting to rain...
But I'm still the same.

eor
since 2002-09-26
Posts 959
blues & greys
11 posted 2004-02-05 01:27 AM

people always live for themselves.  pople only care as if fits their needs...everything in life is earned never given...

"So what befalls the flawless?
Look what I've built, it shines so beautifully now watch as it destroys me."

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
12 posted 2004-02-05 10:04 AM

eor...thats not true...

I am no angel..but for example, I watch children  before school for a neighbor/friend every morning..it cuts into my day especially with the 2 hr delays for snow etc... but I do it because she has no one else right now to help and her children can't be left  alone at their age.

I  help my sister  who is dying of /living with cancer when she  needs it...until the end.

I have a friend of my spouses who needed  a ride to DUI classes for  2 months  and to the drs  because he has a brain tumor.
When he calls and needs someone, I will  help if I can...or even offer.

I shovel the walks  next door if they don't get done  for whatever reason.

There are people who care and do little things all the time. Sometimes you feel rewarded by the thanks you get and sometimes just the satisfaction you did something for someone that day.

Sometimes it takes two to see this and if you aren't a person who shows caring, you may not get any in return.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

M

eor
since 2002-09-26
Posts 959
blues & greys
13 posted 2004-02-05 01:30 PM

that was not my point at all, i do care a lot for, and about people...but from my experiances, it is rarely returned...so that is why i said what i said...and i have noticed that you give an inch and people take a foot, and then the niceness that you once gave out of the kindness of your heart is now expected.  and i know that for a fact, you do something for somwbody so often, ay first they are appreciative, then it becomes routine, and when you cant do it they are like wtf, because it is noe expected...i know this because i have seen it happen to others as well as myself...maybe i am just young and cynical, but i know everyone is not like that, but i know human nature on a whole, its about survival...do what you gotta do to get what you need/want...and that is true otherwise so much stress would not be out on people of all ages to succeed...i dont mean to be argumentitive, this is just my point of view
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
14 posted 2004-02-05 10:54 PM

yes you are "just young and cynical"  and I learned a long time ago that there are different needs in life and people who need you aren't necessarily using you...

You haven't been "around" long enough to meet enough people to know that there are many who care in whatever way they do it best and that you can't pigeon hole people or group them in generalizations.

It has to start with "you"..and sure some will take advantage...but it is MOST that do not.

M

colbalt
since 2004-02-03
Posts 20

15 posted 2004-02-06 07:17 AM

I agree with all of you! lol. When all is said and done we are all human beings. There is nothing wrong with looking after ourselves, making sure we are healthy and strong and happy. How can we help others if we haven't helped ourselves first? We have to be strong to let ourselves be used as a leaning post for others. Sometimes it's important to let ourselves be selfish. I have to say that sometimes people can grab too much from us all at once. Then it's time to go and repair before going back out there for the next bout! Also people don't always put across their needs in the right way and it comes across as 'grab, grab, grab' A whole lot of understanding and talking is needed, especially when it comes to friends and family. They really can use us as walls to beat their fists against at times. Quite often it's just emotional release. It's not wrong to say from time to time 'Sorry, but no I can't do that for you' or 'Can you please explain yourself better?'
Also, I just want to add a giggle here at a previous comment about 'too young to have met many different people'
regards
colbalt

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
16 posted 2004-02-06 08:07 AM

ugh, that's a HUGE problem for me.  I don't know HOW to say no, and I wish I did.  I probably wouldn't feel so 'used and abused'.  Like Dr. Phil says, you teach people how to treat you...and people have learned that they can pretty much demand things of me, and I do it whether I can/should or not.  It took me too long to realize that people were doing this to me, and even longer to get "mad" about it, and I'm still muddling through realizing it and saying "NO".

I realize that all people have a good side and a bad side.  Just seems like I've been seeing most people's bad side lately, and it got the best of me.. :-)  Thank God for my best friend, or I'd be one of the most bitter people I know right now.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
17 posted 2004-02-06 08:43 AM

'too young to have met many different people'

if you are going to quote...quote  properly...I said he hasn't been around long enough to meet enough people to discern a blanket statement that people are basically selfish and uncaring...and he is the one who said  maybe he is young and cynical...and I am agreeing maybe he is...

and it wasn't meant to be funny even though you got a "giggle" out of it. I am being sincere trying to get him and other young people to have some hope that  it is a better world out there than they are seeing at the moment...and if friends  are using them then they need new friends..because friendship should be mutual.

Also  I was taught and told a long time ago..if you look around at your world and you lay blame on everyone else or are negative about everyone and everything else then maybe it is time to look inward at yourself..because "everyone else" cannot possibly be "all" of the problem.

just a learned opinion

M

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
18 posted 2004-02-06 08:53 AM

I'd have to agree with that.  One of the biggest life lessons I learned was when I travelled across the country on a Greyhound bus to live in WA state...ugh, what an experience.  It was one of the hardest times of my life, but I would do it all over again to learn what I learned.  And, unless you've been EVERYWHERE (and that's hard to do when you're young unless you're lucky) you really can't do a blanket statement.  I was unfair in my ranting and used a no-no word "EVERYONE"...I think I'd be dead if EVERYONE was like that, because one of the most gracious people I've ever met in my life, was in WA.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
19 posted 2004-02-06 09:01 AM

and Kristie, it is easy to feel used...but
most of that comes from us not being able to say "no" without explanation or feeling guilty.
So that is "our" problem, not those for asking us. I should know, I am a person who has trouble saying no and sometimes punish myself with a word lashing later,letting
it ruin my mood.

But it is not "their" fault if we overextend ourselves...it is something we have to learn to control on our own.

Just stay strong and  offer help only when
you feel you are able to.

( also don't answer before knowing what the
favor is that they need...)

hugs
M

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
20 posted 2004-02-06 10:38 PM

I agree with you on every little point today but one.  People who use ARE partially at fault.  I could use people if I chose, and their are people in my life that I could easily do so to.  But, because I love them and respect them, I don't.  True we treat people how to treat us, but people also need to be responsible for your own actions.
colbalt
since 2004-02-03
Posts 20

21 posted 2004-02-07 11:47 AM

Ahhh no nakdthoughts my 'giggle' was at the meaning of the quote, that is all. I understood how you ment it, as I am sure everyone else did, but the giggle was at how it could be misinterpreted. I had been talking about how people can get the wrong end of the stick about what a person says.sometimes it is better to ask 'could you explain that better please' before getting offended. Especially when it comes to family and friends, things are said in the heat of the moment or said in the wrong way. Often they mean something different or are just venting stress.
Now I giggle at the 'giggle' lol and realise I previously hadn't explained myself properly. Oh the irony of it!!
regards
colbalt

kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
22 posted 2004-02-16 02:37 PM

I agree that there are a lot of people who generally dont care. But there are also a lot of people who do. I care. I care for my friends my family, people over in Iraq, people with disabilities. Older people that dont have a clue whats going on, and are basically like two year old children. I care for people who feel the need to bully or tease people. I care for a lot of things. There are times when i Dont care, most of the time about stupid little things. Like the fact that its my turn to do the dishes, and the dishes really really need it. Sometimes i am tired and i DONT ccare. Everyone cares about something at one point in their life, just like they Dont care about something at one time in their lives. Some people DONT care more than others. Its just life. You learn to get used to it. I have anyways.
~Vampire Kisses

I want a relationship i can finally sink my teeth into.~ Alexander Sterling

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Argh, PEOPLE

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary