navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Depressing feelings
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Depressing feelings Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
winston
since 2002-12-19
Posts 204
NW of Eden

0 posted 2003-01-06 08:04 AM

Am not a coward but am not courageous either. Sometimes I wonder if am gonna write anything worthwhile. What can I do as a writer? Where are thousands of poor, average, ordinary Americans like myself heading? Where what is being done to us and the world? Shall I continue in the hope that I have the potential to write something worthwhile, to live freed from hate, to live in peace and in tolerance.
Is there any point continuing? If so, what must it be?

"am a tourist not a terrorist, don't shoot, cause we are all on a journey to God" Michak

© Copyright 2003 winston - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2003-01-07 11:39 PM

I believe that we all serve a purpose and that we should all strive to make the world better, even if it is only on a small scale. I used to dream of 'making it big' with music, but I've grown and realized that it's more realistic and just as touching and beautiful if I teach music to high school and university students. So don't be discouraged if you don't end up being JRR Tolkien... you'll make your impact! (but don't stop dreaming either!)

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.--Jesus Christ

[This message has been edited by LoveBug (01-07-2003 11:40 PM).]

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
2 posted 2003-01-09 12:42 PM

IF you don't continue, the world might go off its predestined orbit.
I always enjoy your writes, please don't stop. YOU are the only one who can share your unique POV.

Barbara Trautman
since 2002-10-23
Posts 90

3 posted 2003-01-11 07:21 PM

I'm afraid I share your feelings about not being good enough to write.  One little shadow of criticism and I'm ready to hide.  For me though, writing is my therapy.  I can say things to this forumn that I could never say to anyone or at any other place.  I really feel the critiques here are so gentle, or perhaps even nonexistent, that I can write most anything.  Don't give up.  Stay and keep me company.  We can pretend we are holding each other's hands to help us along the way.  Keep trying.  B.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2003-01-11 09:13 PM

Because you want to?

Aside to Barbara...join my club.  Are you a twin I don't know I have?

winston
since 2002-12-19
Posts 204
NW of Eden
5 posted 2003-01-15 07:34 AM

I thought people might have reservations about commenting on what I've said here. But am glad you all have taken the time.
Thanks
LoveBug
Midnitesun
Barbara
Sunshine -- perhaps a spiritual twin?

You good ladies have given me a certain feeling of inspiration. Thanks.

"am a tourist not a terrorist, don't shoot, cause we are all on a journey to God" Michak

Kosetsu
since 2001-03-10
Posts 450
Alabama, USA
6 posted 2003-01-17 07:55 PM

I understand the feeling....I'm way too self-critical about my work.  *shrugs* I keep writing though. Who cares if I make it big? I write for the sake of writing..

-Adam

What meaning has a rose when its thorns bear no blood?

Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
7 posted 2003-01-18 03:07 AM

Winston...About all I can say is don't worry about what others say, just write to please yourself.

"To share my poems with you is to share my heart with you"

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
8 posted 2003-01-18 01:36 PM

people have no right to judge others
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
9 posted 2003-01-19 08:42 PM

Winston, I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but felt compeled to do so, for some reason.
First of all, I don't consider myself to be a poet, especially amongst all the great poets here at PIP. But. writing my feelings and thoughts is very good therapy for me, and has been for a long time. When I came to Passions In Poetry, it really amazed me that so many people related to what I had written...and were even interested in what I have to say.

This is the first forum I've ever participated in, so I don't know about how others operate. I just know that when I came here, the ones who were getting the most responses were the poets who were writing from their hearts. You could just feel what they were writing when you read it. And also, those same writers were reading everybody elses posts and replying to them. Even if it was only a little reply, they let the others know that they were reading there work. Lots of times I had read without replying. Now, most of the time, I say a word or two if I can't think of more to say.

Anyway, I said all this to say that you never know when you post a poem just who may relate to what you've written or be touched by something you said. Don't ever quit writing, because others get help from your writing, even when you don't know it.

~Ethel~  aka garysgirl

winston
since 2002-12-19
Posts 204
NW of Eden
10 posted 2003-01-20 04:23 PM

You all have made me feel a lot better than the day when I posted this. Kind regards.

It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity, & incumbency.
--G. "DUBYA" BUSH. June 14, 2001. Unaware of rolling TV camera.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Depressing feelings

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary