navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Trust
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Trust Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
GeorgiaPaver
since 2002-12-01
Posts 15
Savannah, GA

0 posted 2002-12-14 02:04 PM

I recently hurt my girlfriend again, and shes not so sure im going to change. Ive been under the roof of an abusive father and suffering manic depression. I'm changed for the good. What should I do and say to make her see she can trust me again? This would help alot

© Copyright 2002 GeorgiaPaver - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2002-12-14 03:11 PM

Trust is something that should be earned. I think you're just going to have to give it time and show your girlfriend that she can trust you. It may take a while, but if you love her and are sincerely trying to change, she'll see it. Take it one day at a time.
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
2 posted 2002-12-14 04:50 PM

It's easy for a person to say they've changed, but much more difficult to actually do it. When the problem is a medical one, it's pretty much impossible to do it alone. Wanting an open wound to close doesn't make it suddenly happen, and clinical depression is no different. Get help. That will be the first step in proving you really WANT to change.
garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
3 posted 2002-12-15 10:31 PM

I agree with Sharon and Ron........trust has to be earned, and also, if you have a medical problem, you really need to get that problem under control.

What stood out to me in your words was that you said that you hurt your girlfriend   AGAIN....... ?????
~Ethel~

[This message has been edited by garysgirl (12-15-2002 10:32 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Trust

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary