navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Get over it!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Get over it! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

0 posted 2002-10-14 06:04 PM

Get over it! This is what I'm trying to tell myself.. ok, he cheated on me with his ex during a 'break' that he said that GOD wanted us to have... ok, he didn't even have the guts to tell me that he was back with her.. I had to see it on her ICQ info. Ok, he STILL won't admit he was wrong. Ok, he hits on my best friend. Ok, he thinks that he's going to go out with the homecoming queen from his school. Ok, he talks to me maybe once a week... but I still cry every night for him and pray to have him back.

Yes, I am a total idiot. My question is, why am I like this!? Seriously.. I mean, I look at this and I see what an utter jerk he is, but I still love him. WHY?!??!?! I just need to get over him. Any suggestions??!

Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us.

© Copyright 2002 Erica N. - All Rights Reserved
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

1 posted 2002-10-14 06:15 PM

hard to get over someone you care about...
we tend to think there is no one..no one but the person we are involved with.. that can be or make us feel the same. Truth is..you are right, he's being a jerk. Truth is yes..you need to decide..and truly decide you are done before you can get over him.

Unless you think you deserve to be treated like this... my question to you is why aren't you angry with him?

If you think you deserve to be treated like this.... my question is how do you work on your own self worth so that you don't feel this way...

No easy answers I am afraid....

but hugs to you ..and a hope it gets easier..

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2002-10-14 06:45 PM

Walk and don't look back.

Don't make a pattern of settling for less than you deserve. And? You deserve to have what you want.

sigh.

Instead of me typing that to myself 500 times, izzit okay if I cut and paste?

More hugs from me.

Miah
since 2002-08-26
Posts 1062
Pennsylvania
3 posted 2002-10-14 10:23 PM

Well, I am not one to give advice.  But I finally let go of the old. lol and I found someone I am truly happy with.  I don't know why you keep hanging on, we all tend to do that sometimes in our life.  One day, you will cry less, then you will just think about him, then, before you know it you wont even remember why you liked him in the first place.  Don't you wish you could skip right over the crying and the heartach and leap straight into happiness.  I wish you the best of luck.
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2002-10-14 10:51 PM

Right now, your life is in flux...you NEED comfort. Even if it's with someone you know isn't good for you. But you are strong and smart. You know what's good for you and when you're ready, you'll move on. Take it one day at a time. Start looking at other guys - find some cute fireman to wink at! Go to a concert and rub shoulders with some hot college guys. Sing..sing..sing. And go one living. Be you..cause you're very special!
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2002-10-14 11:41 PM

sharon? *chuckle* RIGHT BACK ATCHYA!!!

"Right now, your life is in flux...you NEED comfort. Even if it's with someone you know isn't good for you. But you are strong and smart. You know what's good for you and when you're ready, you'll move on. Take it one day at a time. Start looking at other guys - find some cute fireman to wink at! Go to a concert and rub shoulders with some hot college guys. Sing..sing..sing. And go one living. Be you..cause you're very special!"

with apologies for this interruption--but it was and remains such GOOD advice!

majnu
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 2002-10-13
Posts 1088
SF Bay Area
6 posted 2002-10-15 06:27 PM

a psychologist would say that this is an opportunity for growth.

u have 2 choices move forward or remain in in the same pattern the same rut.

what is a rut? its a circular grave that's what it is.

here, now, because of this crisis in your life you can stand up to your past and leave it behind or repeat the patter. you might even find another guy, but if you don't get out of the pattern then it will happen to you again.

you deserve better. remind yourself of that and get on with your life. don't let what has happened hurt you forever, force it to make you grow as a person.

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
7 posted 2002-10-20 03:48 AM

And if none of that works, erase all his good qualities from your mind and hate him. Then don't feel at all.

..or tack his image to a styrofoam dartboard. (real darts=danger. danger bad!)

Good luck.
  ~Carly

"My own eyes are not enough for me; I will see through a thousand and yet remain myself..."
  ~C.S. Lewis

neveah5
since 2002-11-22
Posts 197
Ohio
8 posted 2002-11-25 08:19 PM

I was crazy about this guy that was 'so sweet' yet so incapable of committing or expressing true feelings openly..and i spent so much time stressing over it and just groveling in all this pain and hurt, all because of his selfishness and the blindness i was experiencing.  He knew how i felt, i told him many times..and he would tell me he loved me, just out of the blue. so i guess he was probably just screwin with my head. it took another man to enter my life for me to shake that mess.

why do we get like this? thats a good question. let me know if you find the answer!!

sweetwater
since 2002-12-16
Posts 178
Perth
9 posted 2002-12-16 11:07 PM

"I mean, I look at this and I see what an utter jerk he is, but I still love him. WHY?!??!?! I just need to get over him. Any suggestions??!"

you are seeing him as a jerk through eyes that are in love.. see him as a jerk through your thinking minds eye.. then rip off the band aid.. one quick movement.. the wound underneath has already healed.

Opeth
since 2001-12-13
Posts 1543
The Ravines
10 posted 2002-12-17 08:21 AM

In general,

People who can't "get over" their boyfriend, girlfriend, lover, etc., are in need of a higher self-esteem.

You are worthy.
You are unique.
You are your own person.

He is not deserving of you.

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
11 posted 2002-12-18 05:47 PM

Hey girl, when did you come back? (It could have been a while, I've been kind of missing in action you could say...) But anyways, I was in an almost identical situation a few years ago.  He cheated on me and I saw him like once every two weeks...he was rude to me, walked all over me....I think it just comes to a point where you need to say 'enough.' You deserve more than that, just like I did.  Keep your head up and move on dearie.  Don't prolong the misery any longer because it just isn't worth it.  Good luck, hope to hear from you soon!  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Get over it!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary