navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Thank You
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Thank You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
blackhalo
since 2000-02-15
Posts 467
Denver, CO

0 posted 2002-01-11 05:22 PM

Jon Mewett used to always use this icon, so I decided to pretend that I was that good.
99% of you don't know me, but there are a few, I am sure (I hope) that do.
I joined the forums in March of 2000, (right Ron?)
and posted nothing but happy poems for a really long time.  Then, I found what I thought was my reality and everything I posted was depressing and dull. (still sorry about that guys)
A little over a year later, I left the forums, 16, pregnant, and considering an abortion as my only option.
I received countless e-mails of encouragement and love from all of the members here at piptalk.  I couldn't have done it without you all, but I am a HAPPY mother.  I am turning 17 in March, and doing remarkebly well.
I did not stop writing, I stopped posting.  SORRY!  
My son, Andrew James, was born on December 8, and I have finally gotten time to sit down and say thank you, so here I am.
I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for all of the encouragement from the e-mails, etc.  Without all of you and my poetry spiral, I wouldn't have made it through this, so to all of you, thank you.
All of my love,
Alicia A. Renzelman

[This message has been edited by blackhalo (01-11-2002 05:28 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Alicia R - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-01-11 05:55 PM

Alicia, yours was not an easy decision, but you will be so pleased in the coming years that you did not decide on an abortion.  I am glad you are "home".  

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2002-01-11 06:31 PM

Congratulations on ALL counts Alicia!! I bet he's a cutie!! Give him a smooch for me.

Things will be hard for you I'm sure, so stop by anytime you need someone to talk to or to laugh with..or cry with. This warms my heart.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2002-01-11 07:10 PM

I'm happy to see that you're doing so well, Alicia - and I'm so pleased that Passion had some positive effect upon you during all of your tribulations... Be proud - Be happy - Be a wonderful Mom... We're here when you want/need us...
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2002-01-11 07:53 PM

well congratulations..... I think it's wonderful that you made it through the hard decision you were faced with. I too, bet your son is beautiful. I am glad you are happy....being a mom is hard, but SO worth it!! (((hugs))) yes, lots of moms here if you ever need some advice, or to share your joys with us....anything really...Do keep us posted on how you are doing

with all that you are...
with all that you know...
love......

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
5 posted 2002-01-11 08:09 PM

Alicia, I don't know you, but from what you wrote I've great respect for you and the choice you made.
It couldn't have been an easy one and I hope you'll have support from your folks.

Salute to you, young mother, enjoy your son, for time is running fast and before you know he's a head taller then you

We've raised two beautiful girls, anytime you wanna talk? just click my envelope and I'll be there.

you go girl

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Want to use the pics on my website? Just send me a mail and I'll give you the link.

blackhalo
since 2000-02-15
Posts 467
Denver, CO
6 posted 2002-01-12 11:20 AM

Thanks again to all of you.  I will be in touch.  If I ever need advice, you  can count on me stopping by!  :p
Titia, unfortunately, my parents and I no longer speak to each other.  They didn't approve of the pregnancy, and I am not living with them.  But, they will come around, he is their first grandson, and then we will reform what we had before.
I realize that I have said it 9000 times, but THANK YOU!
I will be around if anyone wants to talk.  
Much Love to all of you,

"Courage is most readily gained by the desire to avoid looking like a d***ed fool!" :P

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
7 posted 2002-01-12 12:47 PM

I'm glad to hear of your good outcome. I have only been a member here for 4 months, It is nice to meet you! Best wishes

RP

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

8 posted 2002-01-12 07:17 PM

I don't know  you either but I'm thrilled to read this.

Kathleen--(Kay)
A true friend does not love you for who you are, but in spite of who you are." -- Caroline Tran

blackhalo
since 2000-02-15
Posts 467
Denver, CO
9 posted 2002-01-14 06:10 PM

Thank you so much for the replies.  Irish Rose, look through the archives and see if you can't find a poem called "Roses, My Favorite Flowers."  For some reason, I seem to remember you, and I think that might be why.  
Alicia

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Thank You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary