navwin » Discussion » Feelings » AnXiEtY
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic AnXiEtY Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs

0 posted 2002-01-16 10:03 AM

[b] Ok i have to ask..what do you all do when you have that weird feeling in your stomach, like that anxious feeling...what do u do about anxiety?? Work out, smoke? Drink? IM GOING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yOu GeT wAt u PaId 4 bUt i JuS hAd nO..iNtEnTion oF liVin tHis waY --Counting crows

© Copyright 2002 Michele - All Rights Reserved
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
1 posted 2002-01-16 10:46 AM

I do things that I really shouldn't so I won't recommend them to you.

Try meditation, yoga, anything that'll stretch your body right out. Alternatively, Tae Bo does wonders.

If this is all the world has to offer, I want a refund on my life.

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
2 posted 2002-01-16 12:46 PM

Actually there is a really big difference between feeling anxious and suffering from anxiety or panic attacks. These range from Genearlized Anxiety Disorder to Panic Disorder and even Post Traumatic Stress and Obsessive Comnpulsive Disorders. If you think you may have any of the latter go see your doctor soon. As to just feeling anxious or nervous, it depends on the reason but you might try diaphragmatic breathing, a special breathing exercise involving slow, deep breaths. If nothing else it will prevent hyperventilation

be happy,
:J

There is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar.
byron

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

3 posted 2002-01-16 01:32 PM

Smoking makes it worse, take my word for it.  

It could be a panic disorder, very serious, I've suffered from them for years.

But it could be a passing thing, something happen in your life to cause stress?

Tension?

I would see a Dr. if it doesn't go away.

Kathleen--(Kay)
A true friend does not love you for who you are, but in spite of who you are." -- Caroline Tran

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2002-01-16 05:44 PM

I agree with Jamie and Kay...you need to learn as much about this as you can, because not understanding why anxiety occurs tends to compound it. I do not recommend band-aid tactics of self medication as I happen to know that while this may seem to alleviate the discomfort, it only masks the symptom. Find a doctor. If you don't like the first one--keep looking. You are worth the effort.
HUGS. Anxiety sucks.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
5 posted 2002-01-16 10:07 PM

Thanks guys...anxiety does suck and its kinda ironic that i posted this today because a couple of hours later i had an anxiety attack...ive never had them before from what i've known but this last 2 weeks have been full of them...or atleast thats what my doc thinks it is..thanks for ur advice guys!

yOu GeT wAt u PaId 4 bUt i JuS hAd nO..iNtEnTion oF liVin tHis waY --Counting crows

Sunset
since 2002-01-08
Posts 80

6 posted 2002-01-18 09:20 PM

Glad you went to the doctor.  Anxiety and panic attacks are an awful thing to deal with and very scary.  If he suggests medication, be sure you discuss several different kinds.  Sometimes you don't need something daily, only something to help you through the rough times that doesn't affect your brain so much.   Hope all goes well!
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
7 posted 2002-01-18 09:27 PM

Hope you are feeling better. I have a lot of anxiety too, and I do have some meds from the doctor. But sometimes a chocolate binge works as well. And sometimes getting in here and reading poems helps, too.
Peace
Sandra

xShUgArHiGhx
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
8 posted 2002-01-18 11:12 PM

Chocolate does do wonders!!!!!....I'm already on medication so thats why everyone is so shocked im having them...i guess i'll just have to tough em out for now!

Alexia
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-07
Posts 164
Sweet And Sassy
9 posted 2002-01-19 06:50 PM

Anxiety, well um, I, um ..
I turn to drugs and drinking, but thats the worst thing possible to do! Trust me, I'm payin for it. I'm stressed out bad and stuff and thats why im gonna get ... some stuff.
But, what you did, was a good idea. Im glad you didn't turn to anything else.

Peace
Lexi

¤1 tequlia, 2 tequlia, 3 tequlia,
FLOOR!¤

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » AnXiEtY

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary