navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Unfamiliarity?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unfamiliarity? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2010-06-14 04:37 AM

My nephew keeps bringing me things--stuff that belonged to my sister.

I don't know if he recognizes that he does this every Mother's Day--I know he doesn't know--he is a Mother's Day Baby and I am a Mother's Day Mom.

My nephew was my sister's mother's day present--just as my daughter was mine. (It's quite a thing, in the hospital, they kinda roll ya out with ribbons and shhhhtuff.)

Shhhhtuff. Nod. My sister had a lot of it. Since she passed? My nephew brings me some--weird things he knows I don't need--like that avocado and cream lazy susan thingie that's sitting like it's punished on my dining room table. (It's ghastly--unless you are gay and into retro--then it's $145 tyvm)

Speaking of punishment, I swear, it was so familiar I didn't notice it until just an hour ago--and only because I recognized the street address--once mine, once as twice to both of my sisters--the very address where my mother was born, the one and only home my grandmother could call her own - Chalmette Street--and I only noticed the return address because? Well, letters from Huntsville State Penitentiary have this huge red stamp for a..stamp, and besides, he wasn't in the habit of writing until he hadta.

I don't think my nephew read this letter.

I know it was never meant for my eyes (but I confess I felt a gratified smile when he mentioned that I wrote him every week) but I had become mundane through my letters...

But this? What I am holding here? I doubt my nephew has ever read it. I'm going to make sure he does, though.

My sister had the loving audacity to ask my brother, to stand as "paran"--otherwise known as a Godfather. I'd love to share with you all what my brother had to say, but just know that this letter is peppered with exclamation points and question marks.

My brother was taking the job offer very seriously.

He was the first of the kids to leave us, and Cathy left us much too soon afterward, but I did want to share on this here eeeeee-lectronic letterboard the wonder of words, written in the unique stylistics of familiar penmanship, to another we thought we knew as well as the shape of our very thumbnails--only to realize they had something going on that we could never be privvy to...

A message from my brother Keith to my sister Cathy, both gone from my life now, regarding the spiritual soul of my nephew, who thought nothing of passing this on to me.

Back atcha Shawn. *daps* Uncle Keith said "yes".

You are not alone.

Not-yer-nanny

me

© Copyright 2010 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2010-06-14 08:21 AM

Hugging you.

There are some special somethings
in our past that need to pop back into our
lives for whatever reason...

it's only their way of reminding us
that we are not forgotten.

Yep...I believe that. And they find a way
to send them by the most wonderful messengers.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2010-06-14 08:39 AM

Not to be non-poetic, but it did strike me as freaking weird to find a letter from my outlaw bro, written to my prissy sis, under the ceramic leaves of that avocado and cream lazy susan gig.

(Let me shake that sentence off--surely there's a deeper meaner, huh?)

Ohhhhhhhh...give me time. *grin* I'll find it if I have to weave it m'self.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2010-06-14 09:17 AM

Sometimes, sis, wierd is good.
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2010-06-14 04:12 PM

But wired makes me tired. *chuckle*
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
5 posted 2010-06-28 05:42 PM

I just got here to read this. I love old letters and have boxes full. You do find  messages there you never saw before.Enjoy this one. love ya, jo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Unfamiliarity?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary