navwin » Discussion » Feelings » lonely rant
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic lonely rant Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2008-03-21 11:42 PM

Before spring break I got really sick.  Of course every one avoided me. During spring break I continued being sick, but do to allergies more then sick.  I suddenly realized many things.  What followed these realizations was an intense feeling of loneliness.

When I was younger I was always in love with the guys that were very selfish. Though I no longer chase guys hopelessly, I am left wondering if I am still choosing guys that make me feel like really gross unimaginable stuff(censored) and I feel belittled.

And when I got to thinking about it I realized that I had dated enough guys were... it might be me.

I get the same complaints form guys, that I am unattached to them and I don't express my feelings to them very well(-I think they mean physically-).

At the end of it all they tell me one way or another I will always be alone and I will never be happy.

Instead of going somewhere fun for spring break, I helped my parents.  They yelled at me the whole time.

Now I am just lonely

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thougts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

© Copyright 2008 Juju - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2008-03-22 08:18 AM

"At the end of it all they tell me one way or another I will always be alone and I will never be happy."

Don't listen to them, Juju.   You are still young enough to make your way through life and  pick people who are not going to bring you down.
Sometimes you have to be content being alone first before  having those in your life that you enjoy being around. People can't make you happy...only you control those feelings and if all they want is more than you care to share then they don't like you for the person you are but for what they can get from you.

I am much older, not too much wiser but I plan to go to a few movies even if by myself to not feel so alone this  spring break.

One more suggestion, sometimes it is better to have a girlfriend or two so that you have someone close to talk to when you are feeling this way.

M

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
2 posted 2008-03-22 10:22 AM

thanks

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
3 posted 2008-03-23 07:07 AM

I deff know how you feel. I use to be really sick with allergies and everyone avoided me like i had the bubonic plague or something. lol and i had the feeling of loneliness everyonce in the while. but don't let others bring you down. Just because they can understand you or your sickness doesn't mean they have the right to judge. no one has the right to judge unless they are completely perfect in every way. (which is impossiable cuz everyone has there flause) Was that any help?

Have a great day!!

XxZachXx

"What did you think I ment?"

haha yes im sort of crazy deep down inside. lol!!

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
4 posted 2008-03-23 08:09 PM

lolz thanks

-Juju

-"So you found a girl

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
5 posted 2008-03-26 01:04 AM

Loneliness is not so evil.  It gives us time to slow down and think about things more carefully.
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
6 posted 2008-03-26 01:04 PM

yes, yes it does.

-Juju

-"So you found a girl

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
7 posted 2008-03-30 10:57 PM

No one can wipe their feet on you unless you lie down like a doormat. It's hard to learn to seek out positive things to dwell on instead of things that make you feel bad.  Maybe the only positive some days is that you live in a free country, have the opportunity to go to school, or whatever, but make that what you dwell on until you're all smiles about it.

You see, you can't quit thinking of a pink elephant unless you begin to think of a lively little puppy that wags its tail when you appear, or something inviting like a cold drink on a hot day, etc.  It takes a lot of training.  Put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it everytime you catch your-self thinking of how hurt, sad or lonely you are, then change that thinking to something delightful.  You'll correct your thinking pattern easier by doing that.

We cannot change others but we can change how we react to them and when we do, very often they change how they treat us.

God bless,
    Rae

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

8 posted 2008-04-04 11:42 PM

People used to ask me, "How do I get self-esteem?"

A few years ago it struck me to ask them, "How would you know when you felt you esteemed yourself? "  Most of them had trouble answering because they hadn't thought about what the actual feeling of self esteem would be like.  What would be different?  And what they would have to do to esteem themselves.

Not, please notice, what they would have to get other people to do first.  What they would have to do to esteem themselves.

So,  what would YOU have to Do to know you actually esteemed yourself.  And how would YOU recognize when you were actually doing it.

And then, How would you actually keep score of how much you were esteeming yourself and check out how much of that self esteem was actually sinking in?

I try to be practical as ironing when I can about these things.  When you answer, if you want to answer at all, it helps to be that practical too.  The more abstract you get, the more difficult it is to see any results.

Any thoughts?

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
9 posted 2008-04-05 09:01 PM

Oh, Well I was just suffering from temporary depression.  That was a bad week.

-Juli

-Juju

-"So you found a girl

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

10 posted 2008-04-06 04:34 AM

Heh, heh.

What would you have to do to esteem yourself?

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
11 posted 2008-04-06 02:35 PM

I am fine.  That was just a very vary bad week.

-Juju

-"So you found a girl

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
12 posted 2008-04-06 07:27 PM

you'll never be lonely if you learn how to be happy with yourself.
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
13 posted 2008-04-07 08:40 PM

Juju,

Some old cultures as express themselves
in certain current neighborhoods see happiness as a form of sin
hence the guilt.  Indeed to be happy is generally
in intellectual circles to be seen as evidence of idiocy.
The trick is to appreciate your life is your own; if no one
else will die it why should you let them live it.  You have
one life, live it and be, idiotically, happy to live it.

John

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
14 posted 2008-04-08 08:20 AM

Thank you Chris and John

-Juju

-"So you found a girl

Virtual Abyss
since 2008-04-09
Posts 52
East Coast - USA
15 posted 2008-04-13 02:10 AM

Juju,

1.  Capturing your feelings this way is a great coping mechanism for your body and mind to begin to process what is going on inside of you.  That is a good thing (for you).  Keep it up, don't deny your systems natural progression.  
2.  Forget about before (I mean not to be harping on the past) how do you feel today?

Keep smiling!

V/r,

Virtual Abyss

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » lonely rant

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary