navwin » Discussion » Feelings » lost in the days
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic lost in the days Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ska babe
since 2005-11-08
Posts 58
nowwhere, IN

0 posted 2005-12-13 05:43 PM

have you ever felt like when things are finally are going your way something bad happens? well the sad thing is that is the story of my life. and lately i am always tried, sad, and don't know who i am. i'm so lost these days. right now all i really want to do is cry and listen to music which isn't a bad thing. i gusse the thing that really makes me feel lost is well some days i just don't feel like i don't belong or that no one cares! i know some  do. don't get me wrong but i just don't know. i know it seems like when ever i write in this i always have a problem and i know more than anyone that everyone has problems. but the funny thing is when you look in the mirror at yourself and feel like you are in someone else is there something really wrong??

"I am the one who has to die when it's my time to die, so I'm gonna live life the way I wanna"- Jimi Hendrix

© Copyright 2005 Megan - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2005-12-13 05:55 PM

I've felt that way a lot..not so much lately but there were times when I'd cry a lot because I thought no one spared me a single thought. I think the best thing to do is try to touch someone else's life...there are a lot of people who are alone during the holidays and it's nice to get a card or a phone call or a visit...

You can also just write down your feelings... or do an about-face and write something humorous! That helps me...

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
2 posted 2005-12-13 06:00 PM

I believe all of us feel like that at some points in our lives.  I know I do.  Especially now or if there is a troubling issue going on in my life.

Just keep an eye on you and make sure it isnt all the time and constant.  Posting here helps and talking to others about your feelings, if you do have someone to listen.

The fact that you talk about that is huge in itself.  

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2005-12-13 10:59 PM

quote:
have you ever felt like when things are finally are going your way something bad happens?

YES

quote:
...right now all i really want to do is cry and listen to music which isn't a bad thing.

Not a bad thing to do, at all...

quote:
i gusse the thing that really makes me feel lost is well some days i just don't feel like i don't belong

Hello?  I feel as if you have written the journal of my life, some 40 plus decades ago.

Oops.  That might scare you, but it's true.

And your feelings are not common, but oh so highly similar.  It is most defintely a time of introspection for you, and for that, I am cheering you on!  Because I did not have a place to put my thoughts, other than in a journal or diary, when I was your age. And way back then?

They didn't talk back to me.

I was also not in a mind set to listen to what I had to say to myself, either.

I was captured by your thought of thinking that if something good is happening to you, something bad, because of THAT, was happening to others. OH, have I ever put myself in that spot!  Even very recently!  [Just ask serenity!]

You know what I see?  A promise is unfolding, right here in front of our eyes.

I won't say more, for now...because this is something you have to realize, for yourself.  However, what I see?  Is a gift of our future.

Warm hugs....

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
4 posted 2005-12-17 06:37 PM

You know I think a good many of us live behind a mask. And it works for the most part. Just try to change that sad music I assume you are listening to,  and find a happy station or disc, whichever you listen to. Get up and dance to the music and soon the tears might fade.  Worked for me at times.  My daughter found me crying one day and said, "my gosh listen to what you are listening to."   I guess if I really listened as she suggested I would have known it was not helping me.  We are all seen differently to  different people because everyone seems to see something else in another.  To some we are happy and  smile at life. To others we show the sadder, quieter side.  Seek out the people who see you as the outgoing happy person you sometimes are, and try to be as they see you, keep that mask on, it may work.  
  We need all sorts of friends.  If we see that someone only brings out the lesser side or the angry side or anything negative stop seeing them.  Look for those who bring out your silly, or happy side.  We all need to have diversity in many ways.   We are none of us just one way.   best to you, martyjo

jody5
since 2005-12-21
Posts 876
California, U.S.A.
5 posted 2006-01-02 10:00 PM

Writing for me has always been the cure or going out dancing or cleaning the house.  The main thing is to get busy.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » lost in the days

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary