navwin » Discussion » Feelings » How to exlain the unexplainable?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic How to exlain the unexplainable? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christioned
since 2004-01-15
Posts 93
Huddling in the dark

0 posted 2005-12-31 10:28 PM

How do you explain to someone that you are not the same person that you were even a month or two weeks ago? I was in an auto accident and since then my attitudes on things that I've done in my life have changed drasticly. Much to some of my closest friends dismay. I can't explain why exactly they have changed; these changes are more of something that you go through personally. But how do you explain that to someone? How do some of how you felt when you thought you would die? I am just being stupid and maybe a little stuck. Need a little guidance, please.

"It's my curse to constantly be in battle with Him."- Me

© Copyright 2005 Andi Rex - All Rights Reserved
jody5
since 2005-12-21
Posts 876
California, U.S.A.
1 posted 2006-01-01 01:50 AM

You just tell them how you feel now. Perhaps life holds more importants to you now.Perhaps you cherish your loved ones and friends more now. You may have had a self realization that your time here on earth needs to be closer to god. You may have found that you don't have to run with the crowd as much as you need to do somthing important in the universe.  Whatever it may be I hope I helped you to solve this question

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2006-01-01 02:10 AM

Don't.

Don't explain, and don't apologize.

Just be who you are, and they will figure it out.

Eventually.

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
3 posted 2006-01-01 09:54 PM

snagged the words as they were forming on my lips . . .
Christioned
since 2004-01-15
Posts 93
Huddling in the dark
4 posted 2006-01-01 11:19 PM

I don't want to hurt my friends; but I just can't be what/who I was. And that in itself is what hurts them. And its not fair to anyone involved.

RhymeThyme
since 2006-01-02
Posts 6
Calif
5 posted 2006-01-02 03:35 PM

I know I am new here but I am not new to this. Sometimes it is not hard to say what you want... it is just hard to say it face to face, that being said you have an interest in writing (obviously you on a poetry site)maybe it would help if you told that how you feel, and what you are going through in a letter. Not impersonal or unfeeling, make it a seriuos as you need to, but that way they can understand and you can release some of the feeling you have of depriving them of that understanding and the weight of holding it all in, letters like that are Letters of Love, don't forget that ok?
It will work out, Amanda

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
6 posted 2006-01-02 04:02 PM

You are all heart, gal.  I think what I'm reading is that you were involved in some things you weren't exactly proud of with your friends, then the accident caused you to rethink how you're spending your gift of life.  Now you want to change for the better and your friends don't or wouldn't understand.  When they ask you to join in those past activities, just say, "Sorry, my accident has caused me to see things like I never have before and it's changed my ways."  Smile when you say it, and expect that they may make fun of you.  That's what happended to Jesus and multitudes of others.  It' okay, don't let fear stop you from improving yourself.  There'll be more friends in the future that you have more in commmon with.  Serenity has a good answer, too.  If you can't face them and tell them, just shuck the need to say anything about it, but don't let it stop you from following your heart.  God puts these things in our lives for a reason.

Users and alcoholics have to make big changes when they clean up their lives, but I've never heard one say it's not worth it.

God bless,
   Rae

Christioned
since 2004-01-15
Posts 93
Huddling in the dark
7 posted 2006-01-02 05:23 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. Today was the first day back at school. We were off for Christmas and New Years break. It was kinda rough. I didn't expect to feel alot of the things I actually did. Something tells me that this is going to be a really emotiotional. I just hope I can handle being back.

ska babe
since 2005-11-08
Posts 58
nowwhere, IN
8 posted 2006-01-02 06:23 PM

think of it this way you will be fine as long as i am here and you know for a fact that i will get use to the new person if anything it would take time to get to know the new person do you get what i'm saying?

"I am the one who has to die when it's my time to die, so I'm gonna live life the way I wanna"- Jimi Hendrix

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
9 posted 2006-01-02 10:28 PM

http://pressurecooker.phil.cmu.edu/80-253/Summer2004/Handouts/Heidegger%20-%20Death%20and%20Resoluteness%20-%201.pdf

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » How to exlain the unexplainable?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary