navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #39 » A Mothers Love
Open Poetry #39
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Mothers Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
twinkyfl1
since 2006-12-15
Posts 133
florida

0 posted 2006-12-18 05:28 AM

A mother's love is heaven
A mother's love is hell
She can let you go and free you
Or she can lock you in a cell.

A cell where you'll remember
All the love she didn't give
And you'll search the whole world over
For that love so you can live.

You'll think you've found it everytime
That someone says "I love you"
But eventually you'll come to find
They put all else above you.

The path you walk is strewned around
With broken hopes and dreams
And yet somehow you're holding on
When all inside you screams.

How could you do this to me?
Just turn your back and go?
I love you, yet I hate you
Still God I need you so.

I will not fight you anymore
I've given up, you've won
Your worn out, played out memory
No longer will be sung.

For now that I have grown up
I no longer need the child
Who bore my childhood grief for me
And caused me to run wild.

I'll say hello to women-hood
And the life that lies before me
A sad goodbye to my inner child
Will free me and restore me.

To be what I can finally be
To reach for skies of blue
To find the love inside of me
A rainbow shining through.

To thy own self be true

[This message has been edited by twinkyfl1 (12-18-2006 12:38 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 junemarie roldan - All Rights Reserved
Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
1 posted 2006-12-18 05:32 AM

ah dear sweet June... a Mother's love is always there... we may differ on our views but it's always there....  enjoyed this write of yours  - be well RDB
twinkyfl1
since 2006-12-15
Posts 133
florida
2 posted 2006-12-18 08:18 AM

Roniece,

I'm sure she loved us as much as she was capable of. Unfortunately her capabilities were practically non-existent.

If it was just her short comings in regards to myself, I could maybe forgive her, but it's unbearably hard when I remember that she was directly responsible for my favorite brother's suicide, and then laughed at his funeral, but it's even harder, when the son (my nephew) of that same brother took his own life, 20 years later, using the same method that my brother used. My mother was dead by then, but it almost seemed to me, as if she reached out from the grave for him.

The reason I tell you this, is so you don't think that I'm petty enough to feel the way I do about her just because she may have grounded me a few times or something trifling like that.

All six of us kids have physical and emotional scars that we carry to this day because of her. None of us escaped unscathed.

But the fact of the matter is I still love her. A perfect example of the resiliency and tenacity of a child's love for it's parent.

Forgiving her is, to this day an on going process because of the love hate thing I struggle with towards her.

But how could you be expected to know what my mother was. It isn't the image that most people think of when they hear the word Mother, and all that that image implies. Your assumption was perfectly understandable, and no harm done.

However, your words stirred some unrecognized feeling up in me, compelling me to write this explanation.

You or others may find this a bit strange, but oddly enough, for some stranger reason, I don't.

I would like to thank you for commenting on this piece, and I hope you will forgive this rant or rave. I'm actually at a loss for words as to what to call it. It just came spilling out. For that I am sorry, even though I'm not quite sure just what it is that I'm sorry for.

Hopefully you'll understand what I don't.

To thy own self be true

trutodaraiders
since 2006-12-02
Posts 820
CA
3 posted 2006-12-18 01:43 PM

*HUGS*
twinkyfl1
since 2006-12-15
Posts 133
florida
4 posted 2006-12-18 04:13 PM

Oh, you give great hugs.
Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
5 posted 2006-12-18 05:39 PM

Dear sweet June... I have just now read your response... you are a very brave and courageous young woman... thank you for sharing your emotions and your pain with us here... we value your writings very much.. I am sorry for your loss of loved ones... I wish I could give you a hug to take some of the pain away for a little while... you are in my thoughts.
Love
Roniece
xx

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2006-12-18 11:45 PM

I give good hugs too

com'ere you

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
7 posted 2006-12-19 04:41 PM

June Marie,
I cannot seem to find words that express my feelings. Having been a Child Protective Service Caseworker there is little I haven't seen or heard and much I won't repeat. But each of us must tell our story as much as the rest us need to hear it. My heart aches for your pain but is mostly impressed by your resiliency and endurance. May God continue to grant you peace, courage and strength. Personally I have found writing to be incredibly healing.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Interloper
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-06
Posts 8369
Deep in the heart
8 posted 2006-12-19 04:57 PM

gr8 write

twinkyfl1
since 2006-12-15
Posts 133
florida
9 posted 2006-12-19 06:44 PM

Larry,

I feel the warmth of your support flow over me like a golden benediction, as I sit here at the keyboard of my computer (my lifeline).

What gives me the strength and courage to go on, is the love of one who recently came into my life, and resides in my heart. The One I know that will never let me down.

There were two times in the past that I briefly found him, only to lose him in the ensuing chaos and turmoil that was my life.

Since then I have fled him even as I sought to flee my self. But still he wouldn't abandon me. He was at my side unknown, sometimes weeping copiously as I sought to destroy all that might have been good in my life, and yes even my life itself. Through it all He had His hand over me, saving me from myself.

All the poems I have posted so far, with the exception of one that I wrote for my daughter recently, are from my past, and the few remaining ones I'll post in the future, are from my past also. So when you view these poems, don't be concerned, because they no longer concern my now, but only my yesterdays.

I don't 100% know why I'm posting them here, but somewhere within myself I feel that there is a good reason why I do so.

Well, let me end this mini novel. It certainly wasn't intended to be such. Again thank you.

To thy own self be true

twinkyfl1
since 2006-12-15
Posts 133
florida
10 posted 2006-12-19 06:46 PM

Thank you Interloper. Glad you think so.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #39 » A Mothers Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary