navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #39 » Children!
Open Poetry #39
Post A Reply Post New Topic Children! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA

0 posted 2006-11-18 08:33 PM

Children!

Little ones with shining faces look into your eyes so trusting,little hands are so busy sometimes driving you to distraction then one sweet smile steals your breath and your heart is in their hands.
   Nothing is so precious as a newborn lying on your chest,trusting you to do what is right to show love and gentle comfort.
   Terrible twos are facinating they run,play,dance,and sing,demand stories ask for toys and for no good reason throw a screaming temper tantrum.
   Five and they are off to school watch the pride in their eyes,suddenly so important watch me please I can read.
   Seven,oh,my where have the years flown to who is this little person,stubborn know it all with a sassy mouth and attitude?
   Ten a year of discovering of both self and others,the differences they see a burning need to be perfect takes them.
   Sixteen already time to drive and go on dates,football games and dances my heart crys where is my baby?
   Twenty one and getting married what makes them think they are ready,to start a life and family my heart begs please still need me!

granny!

granny!

© Copyright 2006 Dekanogi Ulogilv - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2006-11-18 08:40 PM

Oh, indeed, they will!  As a grandmother of six, I say that with great passion, and wonder of the loving heart of grandchildren.  WE...are a little slower, a little cuddlier, and very, very patient...and the grandchildren cling...warm, trusting, and generous with secrets.  Welcome to this part of womanhood!

And, Welcome to Passions!

Please, check your email for a
Very Special Greeting!

" It matters not this distance now  " Excerpt, Yesterday's Love
~*~
KRJ

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
2 posted 2006-11-18 08:55 PM

well granny
you have certainly touched my heart
with this write

ah
those stubborn know it alls
with sassy mouths
they are so funny

and those that would leave us?
they will always need us...
they just don't know it yet

welcome

Kate/Nana

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
3 posted 2006-11-18 09:07 PM

Sigi to you both for your kind words and welcome,I had six children,and have ten grandchildren each different,each going through these stages,lol.It is my heart they hold within those tiny,somewhat scruffy hands!

granny!

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
4 posted 2006-11-18 09:13 PM

What a beautiful heartfelt post!
As a grandmother of nine I can relate to this.
Welcome to Passions..I know you will love it here.
~Smiles & Hugs, Nancy~

Autumn, the year's last loveliest smile~

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
5 posted 2006-11-18 09:19 PM

O'siyo Enchantress thank you sister from my heart for the warm welcome,it is a facinating place and you are all wonderful poets I am enjoy the reading so much!

granny!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2006-11-18 09:29 PM

smiling

" Nothing is so precious as a newborn lying on your chest,trusting you to do what is right to show love and gentle comfort."

You just described the only time that I didn't feel a huge aching hole in the center of my chest.

I miss that, but cherish the memory.

Welcome.

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

7 posted 2006-11-18 09:42 PM

yup, indeed, this beauty certainly gifts the reader as a reminder of life's gentle miracles, in children...
Welcome to the blue pages

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
8 posted 2006-11-18 09:51 PM

You just described the only time that I didn't feel a huge aching hole in the center of my chest.

I miss that, but cherish the memory.

Welcome.
Sigi Serinity Blaze it is a precious memory yes,one we as life givers never forget,never let go.I too cherish those memories.
I am deeply grateful for your kind words and warm welcome!

granny!

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
9 posted 2006-11-18 09:54 PM

yup, indeed, this beauty certainly gifts the reader as a reminder of life's gentle miracles, in children...
Welcome to the blue pages

Sigi(thank you)LeeJ
As parents then grandparents our wisdom grows and deepens we begin to value those memories and there are none touch us I think more deeply than those of our child/children!I am most grateful for your welcome to Blue Pages there is such wonderful words here!
blessings

granny!

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
10 posted 2006-11-19 08:35 AM

MyFriend~
The circle grows and glows more brightly with your word-sticks~

It just does my heart so good to see that you followed the footprints and joined us~

Blessings be upon you~
*Huglets*
~*SisterOfTheBlood*~
~Willow White Feather~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -         noles1@totcon.com     

Tom Zart
since 2006-05-18
Posts 682

11 posted 2006-11-19 11:33 AM

Great words of passion thank tou for posting
your work.

wredgranny
since 2006-11-18
Posts 493
Ky. USA
12 posted 2006-11-19 11:42 AM

Great words of passion thank tou for posting
your work

Siyo Tom Zart sigi for your kindness!

granny!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #39 » Children!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary