navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » passion in prose
Open Poetry #38
Post A Reply Post New Topic passion in prose Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
themute
since 2006-05-08
Posts 469
Maryland

0 posted 2006-07-14 04:22 AM

I have a saddened grip on my sanity that has slowly slipped away. I am no ones love and no ones friend and I have no one to talk to. No distractions from the evils of living and the terrors of my thoughts run wild. Once a week I take some refuge in puffs and passes with brothers and friends that soon shall end and schooling will begin. When my father sees me he sees nothing of my sigh and hears nothing like a tear that streams along my face. And questions that have bothered me for so long so wise so wishful I wish and wonder were I’ll be and how I’ll see and when I’ll die and how I’ll fall to feel. The listings of the human world abound. If wishes all were granted I’d be living on a stage happier than my child self when I was playing games. Can I not falter can I not feel I wish I sang it I wish I’m real. So now its gone a road of changes and lines that curve to give them rages I see it, it shines in yellows on the highway of time with the red lights ahead of me and the white lights shine behind. Grant it all the way I wish a giver would receive I give you all my wisdom and you wiped it on your sleeve. So I’m gonna go now to ramble on my way I never done a walk before but this time I mean just what I say. I want to go and not to show but to believe it because I know its time to leave the stage is empty and the call is called to close. I walk on boards that squeak and speak a language of the old to me they say their tiered of the children and tired of my face. Great seasons of depression do take hold upon my mind and so I scream and life a life inside that feels much like a caging. And I say I’d rather die than be treated like an animal because of my own mind. I wish for dieing ‘cause I wouldn’t have to feel to be and words would hold no meaning and time will have no value on my being.

I am the two-toed wanderer

© Copyright 2006 Matthew Patrick Holbert - All Rights Reserved
XOx Uriah xOX
since 2006-02-11
Posts 1403
Virginia
1 posted 2006-07-14 05:13 AM

Powerful!   Gut wrenching!

But ah...  My brother, Don't be fooled.  The Life inside is fine...  This is just the cage rattling.  Hmmmm   Must be something stirring inside  ::smiles::  ((( Matthew )))
  :: bows ::

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2006-07-14 06:10 AM

When my father sees me he sees nothing of my sigh and hears nothing like a tear that streams along my face...
I can feel the sadness and loss of "knowing" it will get better...

You are a very passionate writer.
M

themute
since 2006-05-08
Posts 469
Maryland
3 posted 2006-07-14 03:08 PM

i aint crying for a suicide though it may sound so, i am realy just waiting in anticipation.   thanks for reading.

I am the two-toed wanderer

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #38 » passion in prose

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary