navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Unjust Animus?
Open Poetry #37
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unjust Animus? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2006-04-30 05:30 PM

Where are the words?
Descriptions of feelings in
a world of democratic
truth?Let your words
flow and be listened
to legally or not.
Can everyone be taken
away to explain themselves?
Use your gift to
make your stand now.
Find courage to ensure
a future without the
odium of the world.
Peace, real peace, from
the people, can prevail.

''As the deer pants for steams of water, so my soul pants for you O God''
Psalm 42:1

© Copyright 2006 P.D - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2006-04-30 05:36 PM

love your mood today!
Debo
since 2006-04-18
Posts 321
Texas U.S.A.
2 posted 2006-04-30 06:04 PM

Right on And let there be peace to all who read. Great thought provoking write.

Debo

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
3 posted 2006-05-01 03:40 AM

Yes, you are right.  It is so simple.  We just need to take a stand, all of us - then there won't be any left to oppose the peace.

- Owl

Ixtab
since 1999-06-23
Posts 105
MEXICAlpan de las tunas
4 posted 2006-05-01 04:01 AM

Real peace can prevail. And real peace must come from direct knowledge, from the posiblity of knowing and comunicating beyond our conceptualization of the world, beyond our tags, our words.

I really enjoyed this.

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
5 posted 2006-05-01 04:08 AM

I have wondered about this very thing a great deal lately.  It often feels to me as if our thoughts are just chaff in the wind with the results that come back from "city hall."   In my heart, I agree, though.  We need to speak if we wish to keep that privilege.  For sure, silence is golden, but only when the debris has been cleared to make room for golden roses.  

~ Klassy

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

6 posted 2006-05-01 06:38 AM

Thank you to all who replied...being a poet sometimes carries responsibility...like a group of writers that i read about...who wrote what they realy thought of the Nazi regime during the second world war..put up posters to tell all who could read...they were silenced for speaking the truth..they were put to death...for speaking the truth but they spoke it nonetheless..knowing they would die..sometimes the ultimate sacrifice is called for when wanting to hold onto freedom..of speach..of thought..of action...dont sit silent..make voices heard...the survival of the world is too important to sit in silence..while rights are continually eroded away...did people fight in wars for liberty and freedom for nothing?..or are you ready to make a stand?
Peace to all...may God bless all who live in peace..

Goldenrose.

''As the deer pants for steams of water, so my soul pants for you O God''
Psalm 42:1

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Unjust Animus?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary