navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Immigration 2006
Open Poetry #37
Post A Reply Post New Topic Immigration 2006 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2006-03-27 06:30 PM

Immigration 2006

Thanks to a
complacent President
and a weak Congress,
breaking the law
is the new and
preferred way
to enter into
the USA.

JamesLee
March26

© Copyright 2006 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2006-03-27 06:45 PM

how is this even a new thing to lay on the current administration?

sorry, James, was just listening to a report suggesting much the same and find it silly. good timing.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2006-03-27 06:54 PM

(sigh) I too agree that immigration is a very serious issue right now, and very little is being done in the effort to remedy the problem! (sad sigh) While I absolutely believe something MUST be done and quick, and believe we must enforce stricter, more serious immigration policies so we see to it those who patiently wait in line fairly get in and illegals who self-righteously wander in and take advantage of our government services and such don't rob legals of their opportunities, I also don't agree with this current legislation H.R. 4437 in that I believe it goes over the line in that it will criminalize even immigrants who have already started new families and such in this country and believe the tone of that legislation also runs against our values! (sad sigh) Unfortunately I don't expect any landmark legislation to pass the Senate any time soon and this will be a huge problem we continue to deal with, and I also think Mexico's Fox is a central part of the issue too! Thank you for speaking out on this important issue, dearest friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet James, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2006-03-28 11:30 PM

Thank you Christopher and Noah for responding...I believe that loose immigration policies contributed to 9/11.
Who knows who's coming into our country?
Seems like more are coming in illegally, than legal nowdays.  Should we allow anyone that wants to step into our Country to do so with no rules or restrictions...James

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #37 » Immigration 2006

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary