navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » Unemployment
Open Poetry #36
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unemployment Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Seahorse
since 2005-12-27
Posts 2

0 posted 2005-12-27 05:06 AM

In quiet desperate hours
Where hope and hate flowers
Before the everyday concerns
Impinge upon your mind
Between dreams and mortality you find
That everyday habits one the killer of your fantasy life
And crying desperate tears so nobody can
hear...
The clock ticking...
The hand hitting
out at someone or something
In anger or misbegotten fear
And trying to get employment
In these economic times
Leaves you feeling without reason,
a misplaced rhyme
The desperate hours is here
The tears are dried
I guess it is time to put on a "happy"
face while real emotion dies.

© Copyright 2005 Seahorse - All Rights Reserved
darkrosexzx
since 2005-12-27
Posts 4

1 posted 2005-12-27 05:50 AM

wow nice poem
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
2 posted 2005-12-27 08:39 AM

Really nice first post!!

Welcome to Pip!!

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
3 posted 2005-12-27 09:52 AM

Welcome to Passions.

Your first post is powerful in it's reality.
Did a good job at conveying the emotion.  One uplifting thought, is that you are not alone.  Difficult times to dream the good dreams...but challenge is the part that makes achievement worthwhile.

ThisDiamond

aujussy wolf
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-08-09
Posts 1215
Michigan
4 posted 2005-12-27 10:38 AM

an awesome first post here at piptalk , welcome ... a good job is hard to find these days , i know from exp , being in the spring ,summer,and fall i work over 40 hours a week then in the winter i am reduced to
3 days a week ,which leaves me time to drift with the snow and ice , but it is hard to find a job that wants to pay over or even near 10 an hour , most are from 7 to 9 and i think that's if your lucky , this country needs more people to earn degree's , and there are plenty of people who want those degrees but the funding and housing is slim ,i think canada has some good idea's and that the us should listen to the other country's instead of being so bull headed over issues , there is a lot of room for improvement in the states , yet our people who have control want to keep their control and therefore will not allow us to progress to where we should be , its as if they are setting us back and not letting natural evolvement occur , i liked your first entry , and look forward to reading more of your works , is it Mr. or Mrs. seahorse , either way  may your holidays be merry ~ wolfman

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2005-12-27 12:40 PM

I can remember through your poem meeting friends once and not even having enough to pay for the coffee they wanted me to sit down with.  You wrote this very well, as we somehow stash the cutting pain and find a smile, crazy this human nature isn't it?

Great first post, I really enjoyed this one, and hope to read more.

Carpe' Diem

Seahorse
since 2005-12-27
Posts 2

6 posted 2005-12-28 06:01 AM

Hi everyone,  
Thank you all very much for your kind replies to my poem.  I wrote this when I was unemployed and struggling to pay the rent. The way that things are going in Australia with the new Industrial Reform, means that we will have more unemployed, more individual contracts (which means that you have to negotiate for yourself without the help of the union).  The new employment reforms lets employers pay us once a year or not at all.  Australia has become a Marshall State and John Howard the dictator.
Sorry, to ramble, but this is how it is.
Thank you again for your kind comments.
I am a Ms Seahorse.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » Unemployment

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary