navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » Stupid Intelligence
Open Poetry #36
Post A Reply Post New Topic Stupid Intelligence Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2005-11-16 05:48 PM

Stupid Intelligence

They like to say
that everybody said
that Saddam had weapons
of mass destruction,
yes even the French.

Allright thats cool,
but then again,
only a fool would
take their counsel
from a fool.

JamesLee
November15
I believe its time
for some accountability.
If our intelligence was wrong,
why aren't heads rolling
in the CIA, otherwise if
we don't throw out the bad,
we'll continue to get
bad intelligence.

© Copyright 2005 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2005-11-16 06:16 PM

(big angel hugs) That's what continues to concern me too, dearest friend, if our intelligence and government can't learn their lessons and analyze their mistakes from this enseless war, then we are only certain to continue to be fated to these same mistakes again, whether it may be Iran or Syria next! (sad sigh) I have opposed the war in Iraq from the beginning, and I certainly wasn't sure if Saddam had WMDs or not, but I believe even if he did, considering how bad the Iraqi economy was, that there was just no way they'd have the ability to attack us after all the sanctions, and moreover because I believe it to be immoral and cynical that to get rid of a tyrant that citizens have to be punished by more war in order to make things right! (sad sigh) God Bless You, sweet friend, absolutely agree with you here, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet James, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2005-11-17 05:23 PM

Thank you for responding Noah...
I'm not sure how I felt in the beginning stages of the Iraq war, but now I feel like it was a blunder, for at least three reasons; when we went after Saddam we lost focus to capture bin Laden, I don't believe that many Senators would have voted for the war if they were given proper intelligence, now that we are in, we cannot just walk away until stability is gained, and all the terrorist in the world seem to be headed for that destination...James

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » Stupid Intelligence

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary