navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » The Christmas of In-Between - Poetry in Prose
Open Poetry #36
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Christmas of In-Between - Poetry in Prose Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2005-12-19 08:05 PM

The Christmas of In-between
Poetry in Prose

Not yet a teen, but more than a child, this little woman not yet gone wild. Dreams were a mystery, a magic and charm…she held them closely, they kept her from harm.  The year, nineteen hundred and sixty-two, she, the older sister to two.  "Please keep the secret", mother asked in delicate tone, "never let on," and in this, she was alone.  To know for once, an adult, was she, and kept the secret of Santa, alone, the eldest of the three.

And Christmas was coming, the days wrapped in glee…Mom handed out boxes to be wrapped by all three!  "Now this is yours, wrap it up fine, no shaking or looking, or you'll lose it in time!"  Oh the giggling and slight jiggling, the quest to wrap quiet, but the wonder and looks, oh my goodness, a riot!

And soon Christmas Eve, the night of the Book, oldest sis stood back, and took in the looks of her sister and brother, all wrapped up in cheer, and she, the eldest, knew the real story this year.

A burden it was not to let them in to the secret she knew the line was quite thin of being an adult and being a child; to sit quietly, or in joy go wild!  Oh she bounced, oh the joy, to share this with the girl and boy! But no, she had to remain so quiet, and inside her, bounced this joyous riot!  It's "Mom and Dad" who should claim the respect! of all the Christmas joyous havoc! But mother had said "please remember, dear, it's Santa who holds this time of year!"  And then in most quiet voice, Mom said "it's your choice" and daughter thought, being the eldest now, that in her hands, she would keep this vow.

But this time, this year, something different reigned…Mom and Dad spoke of God's domain, and of His Son, and of His Plan, and in all of the things within God's command.

The eldest listened; most entranced was she, to hear the thoughts that enraptured all three.  And somehow that night, she encompassed it all, and in light of wisdom, she began to stand tall.

Now, the tree was lit, the pine smell was pungent, and straight to bed, all three children went. But the eldest, oh, she could not sleep, and she waited, until the night sounds were deep. Quietly, she soon crept out of her bed, and toward the light, her feet were led.  She peeked in, and at the sight she found, and quietly gasped, O that sound!

The tree was lit most brilliantly; the packages fairly gleamed! And she looked on most silently on a spiritual time, it seemed.  The room was not as was when she departed, now the lodging sparkled, the magic imparted.  It was as if there, Santa had been, and God had come too, his Son he did send.  For a bible lay atop her small pile of treasures, unwrapped but golden, in splendid measure.  And she knew then she should not have glanced, and returned to her room, her thoughts entranced.

To take the mix of Santa and God, to blend the causes bright, came to her in most magical clause, that one very long ago night.  To gift and give, as God had done, to share the joys with His Son, to share these gifts Oh! every day, to walk in some shine as He lights the way…

This then is one Christmas, most resplendent, but as she learned that very night, it is always in how one spends it.

To add to this mix of memory and cheer, follow your ways at least once a year; and this is just my gift to you...Do unto others, as you would have them do...

Merry Christmas, to all of my wonderful Poets at PiP!

~*~

This is in thanks
to my Mom and Dad….
my brother and sister,
for giving me great dreams
within all of the reality
of our every day lives.

~*~

Revised.

© Copyright 2005 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
1 posted 2005-12-19 08:13 PM

~Let peace begin with me...     

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2005-12-19 08:15 PM

Karilea~
Softest *sighs*
of realize ...
at just how lovely this is~

Thank you~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*No matter what I search for ...
let me know when it is LOVE that I find*~ <))><

Email -         noles1@totcon.com       

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
3 posted 2005-12-19 08:21 PM

Warm Christmas Wishes
hugs, Chrislane
~~~~~~

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2005-12-19 08:28 PM

This is beautifully written, as your word gifts always are.
Merry Christmas, dearest Karilea!

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
5 posted 2005-12-19 09:18 PM

Sissie...This makes me want to be part of that "real" family of yours!  Marry Christmas, always in all ways!  
Fagin
since 2004-05-07
Posts 126
Ca
6 posted 2005-12-19 11:31 PM

Thanks Sis! We carry such wonderful memories dormant in our souls and it takes people like you to make them live again. Thank you so much! I love you.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #36 » The Christmas of In-Between - Poetry in Prose

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary