navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #35 » But life from 7.30pm until 5.30am
Open Poetry #35
Post A Reply Post New Topic But life from 7.30pm until 5.30am Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2005-05-01 03:48 PM

Wrote a letter one day
Said "I would be late" to stay
6 months I'd been away
Picking floored buggers
Was my day

But only Monday to Sunday

And then I was away
Until Monday
5.30am

But life from 7.30pm until 5.30am

Had meaning

© Copyright 2005 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2005-05-01 04:00 PM

So that you could cope with the buggers!

A lucky few do what they love to do. The others look forward to 7.30pm until 5.30am.

But every moment of life is precious.

To this surely many can relate, dear Dave.

Love, Margherita

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

2 posted 2005-05-01 04:29 PM

Margherita

I am over 50 in IT and out of work with IT shortages to the extend that agencies give me telephone numbers like a cop drops you off on boundary.

I wrote this about boxes of hamburger bread stuffed in a frozen room that comes out soggy and because the cardboard boxes have lost the stability they all fall over onto the floor when you pull them out.

One reason why they get sealed now, so they bounce.

I think I have said on a number of occassions - dont assume because chooses to write that they are experiencing personal problems.

If that was

An English poet lost his legs in a spanish attack, whilst serving on a ship, in fact mending shoes whilst working as a prostitute and in fact was dying at the time.

Thomas Hood and his poems

He was actually running a Magazine as Deputy Editor which still exists today as the "London Magazine".

If wrong I am happy to be corrected.

Dave

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
3 posted 2005-05-01 05:23 PM

Dave in your explanation that is like the shortage of teachers in America ( they are even importing some) yet I have a degree and because I haven't taught in years must get  more credits and take several tests to prove I am worthy of teaching again...( in your same age bracket plus)

M

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

4 posted 2005-05-01 05:30 PM

Thanks but at least we never grew up otherwise we would all be bright as a button where the tick off for the lawyers matters more than the tick off that gives the kids the knowledge they need.

I didn't even do a degree, I joined the Royal Navy at 16 for 8 years;  did a certificate and worked like hell to get Accountancy part qualified to get into IT

Yes the whole thing is stupid and I wish we didn't have Blair trying to imititate Bush.

We need a leader not a dog who can't remember to stop rearanging the order of the words

Dave

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2005-05-02 07:33 PM

interesting thread
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #35 » But life from 7.30pm until 5.30am

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary