navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #34 » We Met - a lot more still to be put together
Open Poetry #34
Post A Reply Post New Topic We Met - a lot more still to be put together Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2004-11-18 04:14 PM

We Met

We met as usual between two destinations as moving south, north, and southeast arriving as we left, we lived our traffic of humanity desiring a heat in pleasure apart to emote briefly in unspoken words.

We met in a dinning room at different tables talking away the rest

We me in a darkened room you came to me on air and I loved you at first sight but you were not there.

I looked into your eyes and loved your very feel and then I knew I wanted you for real

Two nights later you came to me sparkling as the stars and then you served to me spinach, cheese and mars

We talked about a ballet, I drew your every breath and then the curtain called again for one last quick riposte

We met on a train to Ipswich our eyes eating the floor, no central heating  needed, just everyone and more

We met in a tunnel the lights flickering off, shining in the dark like a pig at the trough.

We met in memory of what we didn't do, in essence of your magic, a creature at some zoo, never to escape.

To touch a moment's light illuminating a feather that fell one glorious morning seeking breath upon the wind fluttering the breeze on a thought we escaped to dash fervent touch to one last embrace.

We drifted on tides, currents of black threshing passion immersing ideas as thoughts drinking nectar in our silent world, speaking in silent voices in a candle flame we danced in shadows of a heart’s beat

Every moment a reply becomes another brief flight of words as we drift on tides within our psyches speaking of a soul tarnished by reality smoking identities to move freedom beating my soul, dancing my mind to dance dreams

© Copyright 2004 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
1 posted 2005-05-10 07:19 PM

Enjoyed...James
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
2 posted 2005-05-10 08:21 PM

Gawd this is good!!  Much enjoyed Dave!!
Hugs~Nancy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #34 » We Met - a lot more still to be put together

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary