navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » bonds and meaning
Open Poetry #33
Post A Reply Post New Topic bonds and meaning Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought

0 posted 2004-07-21 09:27 PM

Mother... father...
daughter bonds,
doesn't mean that I belong.

Is this all there is in life,
a cycled twist of wrong and right?

Nothing more than turning clocks
with every stroll around the block.
Broken, broken, and alone...
wishing just to find a home.

Is this all there is in life,
Try'n to make it through the night?
Needling the past regret...
is this all there is to get?

I never tied my heart with veins,
and blood in not a link in chains.
Mother... father...
daughter bonds,
Doesn't mean that I belong.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
                  Joyce kilmer

© Copyright 2004 GG - All Rights Reserved
Susan
Member Ascendant
since 2004-03-27
Posts 5104
walking the surreal
1 posted 2004-07-21 10:50 PM

this is soooo sad to me.  My heart gives you hugs, and yes, you belong, we all belong to one another, it is a gift, this bond of friendship.

Susan

Happiness isn't something that happens to you, it's created from within you.  Joy is a state of mind.

devinechild22
since 2002-08-28
Posts 571

2 posted 2004-07-21 11:02 PM

Sometimes life seems like it's all down the toilet, doesn't it? Then we find ourselves asking questions like those. It helps to write them down. You're not alone in your interrogation.
                *Allison*

~~~***~~~Come away with me, Wendy. Come away to Neverland~~~***~~~

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

3 posted 2004-07-22 07:58 AM

so sad GG....even when the bonds are there they dont always feel so strong...
but none the less, they are there.
Hugs to you.  

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
4 posted 2004-07-22 08:27 AM

GG,
  You know how to pull my heart strings!  VEry good writing.  
               misc'e

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2004-07-22 08:37 AM

Alyssa, all I can say is that there are lessons to be learned in all the challenges that we are presented with in life. This relationship lesson is a very difficult one to learn, but you will grow from it. The day will come when you realize that your parents have some growing to do as well. Hopefully the day will come, when you see the beauty in yourself that all your friends here at Passions see. I, myself, have much affection for you and want you to be happy ~ and self-realized!

I am wrapping my arms about you and sending you lots of love, Dear One.

Love & Light,
Linda

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

6 posted 2004-07-22 08:42 AM

GG, I'm going to parrot the wise comment above from Earth Angel adding this...

Never knew my father, my mother was very dysfunctional...and yet, later, at right about the age you are, somehow I realized, that as cruel as my mother could be, I grew comforted in knowing that she did only the best she possibly could do, due to her family conditioning and her mental ability...it was all she had, dear heart, it was all she had.  And so, in this, perhaps you will also find some peace with the ability to move ahead with great insight and opportunity.

God Bless you...hugs and prayer for you

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
7 posted 2004-07-22 01:02 PM

sweet Alyssa, what can I say?

just hugging you

Seymour Tabin
Member Empyrean
since 1999-07-07
Posts 31720
Tamarac Fla
8 posted 2004-07-22 02:17 PM

GG
It depends on your interpretation of belong.
Enjoyed the read.

Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

9 posted 2004-07-22 02:34 PM

GG,

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
10 posted 2004-07-22 02:39 PM

GG -- I'm not kidding you, this is one of the best short poems I've ever read.  There is so much truth in your words.  I believe that we are placed with certain family to learn things that we will use someday in life.  I always felt like a stranger within my family to a degree.....but in looking back, I see that I have broken the mold so to speak, at least a little.  They say we inherit the sins of our fathers.....well, you know the answer to making that one right, I think!  Great poem, kiddo!  Luv ya, jo
Ericc
Member Elite
since 2003-01-31
Posts 4178

11 posted 2004-07-22 03:08 PM

Wow...such power and depth in your words.

Eric

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
12 posted 2004-09-25 02:21 AM

For anyone who reads this...
I'm sorry I'm soooo late in replying. Mentally I made a reply for you all. But then again, mentally, I'm a bit insane!

Susan,
You're right, but, I guess we all just have certain people we wish were okay enough to want to belong to. That's a part of life though it seems. Don't worry and thank you for your kind reply.

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
13 posted 2004-09-25 02:25 AM

Allison,
It's comforting knowing that whatever I go through, other people have been through and made it through, too. Sad though, knowing they feel the pain also. Thank you for reading and replying

Gentle Spirit,
Yeah, it is sad. I guess in this write I was just realising how sometimes there really are bonds there and you have to cut yourself from those in order to not become who they are. Still care about them, just can't have anything to do with being connected to them. A very sweet reply, thank you

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
14 posted 2004-09-25 02:30 AM

Cathy,
As do you! Thank you m'dear...

Linda,
You're right, and I do already realise they have growing to do, otherwise I would never have realised the bonds either weren't there or needed to be cut off. I've always been one to expect a lot of people. They tell me all that is doing is setting me up to be hurt, and it's true. I won't stop though. It's people holding high expectations of me that has helped make me what I am, so no matter the cost I'll always hold high expectations for others too. Even though, usually, they let me down. Whoops, sorry to go on that little soap box or whatever it was there. You mean a lot to me, thank you so much for your generous words

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
15 posted 2004-09-25 02:36 AM

LeeJ,
my mother did what she knew how also. Maybe not the best she could do, but definitely all she knew to do. And that does help some, but also adds that fear, she never had a mother and either did I... how much better then her can I be? But I guess that's where the no bonds thing comes in. I'm not bound by what either of my parents are. Thank you for your wise words God bless you, too...

Dix,
I'm so glad you're back home safe, even if I haven't had the chance to read or reply to you much, keep safe!

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
16 posted 2004-09-25 02:37 AM

Sey,
I suppose it does. Thank you much dear sir.

copper,
That means more then you know... Thank you.

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
17 posted 2004-09-25 02:44 AM

Jo,
Wow, what a huge compliment. Thank you! I definitely did learn from my family things I would need to know for life. I was always the black sheep, or, uhh, the white one, in the family... though they wouldn't admit it for a minute (I make 'em look good lol) but they talk about it, and look at me in that way... well, you know. Any molds you broke have made you to be a great person, so I sure hope I break the right ones, too! And yep, I definitely studied up on the sins of the father thing. I'm free of that one Love ya too, and thank you...

eric,
Thank you! glad to have you read and reply...

Always, Alyssa

He was a man of sorrows
...I am a girl of tears.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » bonds and meaning

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary