navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Unspoken Thoughts
Open Poetry #33
Post A Reply Post New Topic Unspoken Thoughts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

0 posted 2004-10-19 04:58 PM

I talk about my poetry and if you not interested, please pass on and maybe read the words.

Unspoken Thoughts started as a very "not nice" piece of word.   I rewrote it in 1997 and several times until 1999, because I felt it held more than just my temper.

It was about a very strong willed woman who was basically driving me mad, and I had immense trouble at that point in handling the situation.

It incorporates something from the 1970s - which might make sense to those who tried to adjust to loosing the 60s.

Dave

You are strong in your soul
Far stronger and whole
But being weak isn't wrong
Not being right should make you strong

You don’t need promises of what might be
The misty clouds for all to see
You need certainty of the soul
And life to let it become the whole

On every day the sun begins
Someone walks without a friend
Yet I'm proud to see the sky
And buy a coffee looking high

If there was a mystic way to live
No-one ever came back to give
An idea of this blessed path
To walk without fear on this ridge

I love the breath of gentle breeze
Let it blow the peace we need
But the world must move on
Daunting though it has become

© Copyright 2004 Dave Page - All Rights Reserved
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
1 posted 2004-10-19 05:11 PM

well now this is a subject i am no stranger to..

never quite got to her.. as much as i might have wanted to..

the sad thing is you see ( at least you THINK) how great of a couple the two of you would be.. how suitable a partner she'd be for you..

but in the end you might have found yourself thankful that you didnt get tied up with this chick.. but you learned alot about yourself from the whole experience

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

2 posted 2004-10-19 06:10 PM

Eagle

How the "whatever" do we stop learning.

dave

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

3 posted 2004-10-20 06:56 AM

This also brings to mind experiences of my own...and it is a struggle to not resort to great dislike for the person who inflicted this kind of control & harm.  I know that this person in my life...was raised to be as such...and perhaps if the person ever realizes they own a person problem, they might seek out counseling...but in the interm..I also knew, that my survival and sanity was at stake...the cost...to me, was way to great...so I left, my home, my clothes, furniture...nothing was more important to me then my health.  I don't hate him...he remarried 1 year after our divorce.  I feel very sorry for her...I really do.  

I don't believe we ever stop learning, at least, I don't want to, b/c from every issue, every situation or person that crosses our path, we can take some good...awareness, understanding patience and a good set of morals, meaning, being concerned for everyone instead of ourselves will reap good choice.  

This poem brought to mind for me, many good things that came from that bad time in my life...I'm not excusing "his" behavior, I can't...it was unacceptable...but I will never again, make a choice to be treated as such...not angry, but simply now, more aware.

Tremendous write...adding, I'm very sorry that you had to experience such...but most of all, hope you do not retain anger, but more so, a new standard of choice and values.

Hugs and God bless, my fellow poet.

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

4 posted 2004-10-20 02:12 PM

Lee

I never imagined when I wrote that, that it would have that "whatever" effect.

I do as you do - remember and accept that the world is the world and avoid the vexations to the spirit.

It doesn't mean you accept but you know that the decision is yours.

Take care

Dave

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
5 posted 2004-10-21 02:36 PM

You don’t need promises of what might be
The misty clouds for all to see
You need certainty of the soul
And life to let it become the whole

...touches me, Dave

hugs
M

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Unspoken Thoughts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary