navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Short Story
Open Poetry #33
Post A Reply Post New Topic Short Story Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MERCURY
since 2003-04-16
Posts 190
Ireland

0 posted 2004-09-07 04:37 AM

It was a bitter cold December night. Many humanoids had already began their ritual of closing their curtains within their fired earth homes in order to protect them from the real world outside. From the haven off their living room they sat fixated at the sound & vision of an electrical appliance called a Television. The humanoids were happy, blissfully content to be killing some time before their so-called life exterminated. The higher power allowed a limit of 120 years per life- though less than 0.00000000000000001% ever reach that mark. Many of them cease to live at the 70 year old time due to internal malfunctioning induced by poor choosing of subsistence. Many younger ones die too soon – due to abandonment of values of others. We messengers can’t compute at the thought of your pathetic memory banks. Since the dawn of time mankind (a term which is anything but apt) have repeatedly imposed a regime of conflict and brutality. For what? For power, for fame, for glory. From great suffering comes great evil –which entices the hearts of many of the weak. Views become distorted. History seems to pass right through their synthetic skin and brittle bones. But that is not why we are here. The higher power requires a group of noble and peace faring to join together to conquer the wrongs of the past.

© Copyright 2004 MERCURY - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2004-09-07 03:35 PM

Humanoids watching TV. Imagine that.
I'll volunteer if it's a peaceful expedition.  

Bonnie j
since 2003-06-27
Posts 1588
Ohio
2 posted 2004-09-07 05:35 PM

The way I felt this weekend I must of had an internal malfunction. So like any ole humanoid I watch the BoobTube.
Good one.
BonBon

ecrivan
Member Elite
since 2001-12-10
Posts 3923
my own state
3 posted 2004-09-08 12:55 PM

I think of some loss of social manners as time goes on and more become used to worshipping chat rooms and video stores...we'll all have to adapt and then?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #33 » Short Story

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary