navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » glass
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic glass Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany

0 posted 2000-06-08 05:48 AM

in my mirror
I found a smile
pretty as wine
it was not mine

Uta Lotharingia
"Wir wollen nicht Wert und Sinn ... wir wollen Unwert und Unsinn"
Raoul Hausmann

© Copyright 2000 uta waller - All Rights Reserved
Jeffyf
since 2000-05-28
Posts 49
Muncie, IN
1 posted 2000-06-08 05:53 AM

This is so true.  I have never seen my own smile in the mirror and thought "I like myself."  This is truly a wonderful expression of this feeling.  I quite enjoyed this.
Jeffrey

taramw
since 2000-06-08
Posts 738

2 posted 2000-06-08 06:29 AM

Hmm... the image I get from your words is that a pretty woman looks in a mirror - but perhaps feels that her "persona" is not pretty at all.  She is unhappy with herself.  But I do like it - it is different  
kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
3 posted 2000-06-08 11:49 AM

oh yes... that feeling of who the hell is that looking at me... i think i will write a poem about that same thing.  YOU are one heck of a poet my friend.

kynder

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2000-06-08 07:05 PM

Short and oh, so sweet! I like this very much. I think we all put on a 'public' face sometimes... good poem!
lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
5 posted 2000-06-09 07:07 AM

Thank you all for your replies! I'm glad you liked it.

Uta Lotharingia
"Wir wollen nicht Wert und Sinn ... wir wollen Unwert und Unsinn"
Raoul Hausmann

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
6 posted 2000-06-09 01:48 PM

this is a good poem. and i'll keep reading your poems as we'll as Kynder's stuff. but anyway it's sets you in a mood on real life and makes you ask am i happy with myself.
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
7 posted 2000-06-09 06:46 PM

I sometimes imagine that mirrors are different worlds, they seem somewhat detached and polished one minute they make a reflection appear perfect the next minute polished.

in my mirror
I found a smile
pretty as wine
it was not mine

Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the fairest of them all? Everything we stand in front of the mirror I think a part of us asks that question and everything we hope the answer is ourselves, but what the mirror reflects is other beauty and our response is our feelings about ourselves. So what the mirror shows and what we see can be two different things. (ranting again...sorry)

wonderful poem.

------------------------
"I've been too honest with myself I should have lied like everybody else"-Richey Edwards

"Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time".

Baltimore Grotto

"Libraries gave us power
Then work came and made us free
What price now for a shallow piece of dignity"
Nicky Wire, A design for Life.

manic street preachers
"Rock 'n' roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair"

"To be nobody-but-yourself-in a world which is doing its best night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."

E.E Cummings.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » glass

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary