navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Did You All Ever Think
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Did You All Ever Think Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
cstamand
since 1999-10-10
Posts 13
Huntsville, AL, US

0 posted 1999-10-11 07:10 PM

DID YOU ALL EVER THINK

Did you all ever think?

Or did you just act without a care?
Did you ever think that maybe I was scared?
Did you ever care enough to look into my eyes, and see I was dying inside?
I already know what you’re thinking, I was stupid and weird and you all wouldn’t dare to look past the ugly glasses and short straggly hair.
What’s wrong with teenagers these days? Can’t they see beyond hate?
I am a teenager, and I am kind, and I have more problems than you all could imagine. But, I’m not like you and your kind.
Did you ever care when you heard my heart skip a beat? Or did that not mean a thing? I know I was ugly, but I was like an ugly duckling waiting to be turned into a swan.

But it’s not from the outside that matter, it’s from the inside that counts. My inside was clean and pure, but now from all of you I am headiest and destroyed on the inside with stabbing needles, in broken veins, in my oozing blood.

And now I’ve gone numb, and can’t even feel the pain. Inside it hungers for care, yet it runs, it’s scared and it’s gone too far. It’s too late, to save it because it still oozing with blood.
It trusts no one to touch it, for it’s ruined and all of you didn’t even care. But yet I’ve turned into a swan on the outside for that all that you really cared about. Not about me being ruined on the inside all you cared for is looks.

There’s more to a person then looks. Did you ever think I needed room to grow? I sleep with nightmares and awake with sweats, and fears.
I couldn’t sleep several nights and several years. All I thought about is all of you. How you all treated me.
Day after day, all of you hurt and crusted me. Didn’t even care, didn’t even think, of what you all were doing to me.

Did you all ever think? Or just didn’t care? Tell me why did you have to pick on me? Maybe that’s all you could do to succeed, trying to destroy a living girl, but you didn’t succeed.
I may be lost and I may grieve, but I am still here, I still breathe.

------------------
Crystal St. Amand

© Copyright 1999 cstamand - All Rights Reserved
JennyLee
since 1999-09-01
Posts 1461
Northwestern, NJ.
1 posted 1999-10-13 01:03 AM

I really think you'd be fabulous w/prose!!!

Jenny

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Did You All Ever Think

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary