navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Prison
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Prison Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

0 posted 2000-05-23 10:06 PM

Prison

silence surrounds such empty space
no shadows or whispers to take your place

not a ray of light for me to see
or hope in the future to let me be

not a loving embrace
no hand to face...

~~~~~~~~~~

cradled in fetal positions
I ponder my new transitions

alone in darkness I fall
to a cold, harsh prisons call

a prison with no loving embrace,...
no gathering smiles....no hand to face.

© Copyright 2000 SpitFire - All Rights Reserved
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
1 posted 2000-05-24 01:30 AM

God this one hurt, very close to home.
like right in the living room.
a great read kid.

Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

sgreybe
since 2000-04-28
Posts 209
London, UK
2 posted 2000-05-24 04:35 AM

SpitFire

Amazing.

This so spoke to me... you are truly gifted in expressing these emotions and torments in a stylistic, simple yet not simplistic, way.

Great piece.

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

3 posted 2000-05-24 09:44 AM

~Joel,...exactly.  Much too close,..my bedroom for me.  Ouch.  Hope you are doing ok,...actually, hope you are doing more than that.  It IS like a prison huh?,...shoot.  
~Sgreybe,...thank you for taking the time to read and respond.  Your kind words are so appreciated. Thank you *Peace.

Night Chica
since 2000-04-06
Posts 39
Vermont
4 posted 2000-05-25 05:28 PM

Spitfire -

Oh wow.  This hit me hard because I know that this poem will be an event in my life probably within the next year.  

Your piece shows an original way of expressing yourself in such a way that uses a small amount of words, but really gets your message across.

I agree with Sgreybe.  You really are gifted.  Great work.

~* Megs *~

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

-- Margaret Mitchell

Night Chica
since 2000-04-06
Posts 39
Vermont
5 posted 2000-05-25 05:28 PM

Spitfire -

Oh wow.  This hit me hard because I know that this poem will be an event in my life probably within the next year.  

Your piece shows an original way of expressing yourself in such a way that uses a small amount of words, but really gets your message across.

I agree with Sgreybe.  You really are gifted.  Great work.

~* Megs *~

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

-- Margaret Mitchell

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-05-25 06:49 PM

I too agree, you have a lovely unique way of expressing yourself and your pain.  The simple things are the most precious in all aspects of life!! Great work  

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

7 posted 2000-05-25 08:25 PM

~Night Chica,..oh whatever do you mean?...why will this be an event in your life soon?  Email if you'd like to talk.  Thank you for your kind words and for replying. *Peace.

~Isis,...ok I love it when you read me . Thank you for taking the time,...and for your kindness in your reply.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
8 posted 2000-05-27 10:47 PM

SpitFire~
Oh, I think you've made a 'jail-break' ...
you reach out with the poetry from your soul.
Now 'prison' would be -
in your bedroom with NO COMPUTER !

We are only held prisoner by the
shackles we place upon ourselves.
Let the shackles fall away ...
fly beyond the walls on the wings
of your poetic musing.
(a little philosophy of ~*Marge*~)
Love ya'
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
9 posted 2000-05-28 06:05 PM

I know how a bedroom can be a cell, more out of boredom than anything else for me. But I can in some small way relate to the pain in this poem, thanks for sharing, but I believe in rainbows after storms and I look at the silver lining in grey clouds. It took a while to see the world like that. wonderful poem.  

------------------------
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? "
Douglas Adams.

"Here chewing your tail is joy"

Richey Edwards

"Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time".

Baltimore Grotto

"Do not listen to a word I say
Just listen to what I can keep silent"

Nicky Wire

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Prison

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary