navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Summer Yesterdays
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Summer Yesterdays Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 2000-05-10 09:14 PM

Someone please come and rescue me,
Take me back to my youth,
When my soul was free,
Take me away from pain.

Take me back to those sun bronzed days,
Growing up on the Coast the Australian Way,
No real worries, cares or pain,
Don't want to live this way again.

Rainforest rambling,
Trails of discovery,
Summertime love,
Spirits soaring free.

One Tree Hill,
Mullumbimby lazy days,
No sign of suffering,
No smoky haze.

Byron Bay Lighthouse, views so beautiful,
A waving green sea of grass high on the hill,
Watching dolphins frisk and play,
The view from the point, right round the bay.

Take me back to those times long past,
Under the sun, playing in the grass,
Just thinking of them warms the soul,
When did I grow up , when did I grow old?

Where did the youthful enthusiasm go?
I miss it so badly sometimes you know,
Not a care in the world, no pressure, no deadline,
Special moments from the past, frozen in time.

Where love and life were free,
Where those summer days seemed to stand still,
Oh to visit them again,
And take home a soul full.

But alas I can't go back,
I can only return in my memory,
I can only smile when I remember,
How special those times were to me.

At last I have heard the song of enlightenment.... In your heart you can hear it now, if you listen....
It is the song your spirit has been singing since the moment of your birth. All lasting victories are won in the heart....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

© Copyright 2000 Isis - All Rights Reserved
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

1 posted 2000-05-10 09:23 PM

~You have the memories and you are lucky for that..it sounds like such a beautiful time AND place to return to.  Where worries don't exist and your days are long...mmmmmm..can I come?
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 2000-05-10 09:43 PM

Sure thing Spitfire, Australia's Most Easterly Point (Bryon Bay) is a visionary wonder, and a hippie commune there to boot!!
All welcome  

At last I have heard the song of enlightenment.... In your heart you can hear it now, if you listen....
It is the song your spirit has been singing since the moment of your birth. All lasting victories are won in the heart....
~Isis~

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
3 posted 2000-05-10 11:41 PM

Did I hear someone say HiPPie???. hell I've been called that as long as I can remember. haha. I'm on the next boat. hahah
Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-05-10 11:54 PM

Thanks Dad, you're welcome anytime!!  

~Isis~

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2000-05-11 12:15 PM

I like this one, Isis.  Always fun to remember the times of the past.  Too bad, you can never relive it.  For even if you went back, it just wouldn't be the same.  But those memories, they last a lifetime.  Thanks for sharing them!!  
LW

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-05-11 12:22 PM

I know Lone Wolf tis only a poem  

~Isis~

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
7 posted 2000-05-11 01:14 AM

Simply wonderful Isis. . . yes, if we could only go back to those days. . . true, you can't really do that. . . but what if you could?. . . it's fun to wonder. . . but we can always keep those memories in our hearts to remember anytime. . .

Excellent. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

8 posted 2000-05-11 11:38 AM

wonerful imagery in this Isis...
a sweet walk done memory lane...
so glad your back and hopefully all better.
take care sweets,jm

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
9 posted 2000-05-11 01:53 PM

~ISIS~

Very well written and magical. I long for the kind of childhood that you describe. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all go back in time to those happy moments and carefree days.  Hold on to the memories Isis. You are one of my favourite poets here, you are very talented!  So you're an Aussie huh, you're lucky Austrailia sounds very beautiful, but then again Canada is so beatiful and rocks too!  

Take care,
Melissa Honeybee

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
10 posted 2000-05-11 08:51 PM

Thanks everyone!
Melissa, Canada eh?  I love what I have seen of Canada and would love to go there one day.  At Expo '88 when it was in Brisbane the Canada pavillion had the most beautiful movie about your country and it made people cry it was so appealing. (I cried too btw)
Ever since then i have wanted to go there, hopefully some day I will.
Isis

~Isis~

Rene_M
since 1999-11-19
Posts 26
Melrose Park, IL, 60160
11 posted 2000-05-12 01:51 PM

Isis,

Hi! Remember me? I wrote a few poems a while back and U like one them which was called "La Puerta".  N-Eway, I have read your poem and I loved it. Cuz it describes the way I feel a lot of the times, the only diffrence is that for me instead of Australia , it's Mexico. I really loved your poem a lot, I have always wanted to do something like that, but I have never been able to. Well, I just hope U haven't forgotten about me.
Laterz.

Rene_M
since 1999-11-19
Posts 26
Melrose Park, IL, 60160
12 posted 2000-05-12 01:56 PM

Isis,

Before, I forget. Can U do me a small favor?  I have just posted 2 new poems, but the thing is that I posted 2 of the same one, accidentally, making it 3.  So, all that I ask, is if U can delete one of them and that is the one titled "Who am I" and was posted on 05-12-2000 at 1:41pm, Ok?

Thanx, laterz.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
13 posted 2000-05-12 07:02 PM

Rene of course I remember you and thanks for liking the poem.  Mexico always wanted to go there too, seems romantic to me.  Fixed your double posting too.
See you soon I hope  

~Isis~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Summer Yesterdays

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary