navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Again
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Again Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA

0 posted 2000-05-10 04:42 PM

These eyes will never see you
Again
These hands will never touch you
Again
These arms will never hold you
Again
These lips will never kiss you
Again

My love I will not show you
Again
My heart I will not share with you
Again
My thoughts I will not bare to you
Again
My dreams will not include you
Again

I will not be decieved by you
Again
I will not be used by you
Again
I will not be abused by you
Again
I will not believe your lies
Again

I will see once more the sun
Again
I will laugh, play and have fun
Again
I will find a new way without you
Again
So I'll say my last good-bye to you
Again

G. A. Webb

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

© Copyright 2000 G. A. Webb - All Rights Reserved
G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
1 posted 2000-05-10 04:45 PM

This poem is dedicated to anybody who has had the misfortune of dealing with a false hearted lover. My heart goes out to you, for I have walked down that path and I know the pain that it leads to. I wish you the best.

G

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-05-10 04:50 PM

I have known false love and known true love that I could not have. Neither situation is easy to deal with. When the love is true but is not meant to be; at least you know that there is someone somewhere that truely cares.

Thankyou for this piece Sir.  

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shodows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face...

William Butler Yeats

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

3 posted 2000-05-10 04:50 PM

~G,...I absolutely LOVE this.  Wow,...I just jumped in here and there you were at the top...with a new piece...hmm,,..delight.   This poem is wonderful..I felt the strength and I have been here.  We will see the sun and laugh and play and have fun AND find a way.  Oh,..this was great.   Truly.
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2000-05-10 05:17 PM

G.A.~ you described it so well, feels like you took a piece of my heart.Great poem!   -SEA
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
5 posted 2000-05-10 10:41 PM

G. A., yes we have walked down this path, and it was a long one.
I have made this poem a montra, (For you young-ins, that was something out out of the 60's.) haha
Thanks for the memories.
Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
6 posted 2000-05-11 12:22 PM

G.A.,
Great poem!!  I think it says it all.  Sometimes we just have to move on and put the past behind us.  Good luck!  
LW

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

amazon_lover
since 2000-04-09
Posts 491
Dublin,Ireland
7 posted 2000-05-11 12:57 PM

Hi G
I can relate this. I've been a true lover always and in my heart I only see her. I've felt always it's me who shows the love to her and in return I receive a cold stare as though I've done a grave sin. I love her and she'll remain in my heart forever where ever I go. I'll surely find a new way to live and a new life to love.

Sincerely
A_L

G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
8 posted 2000-05-11 12:17 PM

Marilyn: I too have been in both situations and I suppose you're right. One must take comfort in knowing that there is somebody out there that cares. The question is weather or not the hurt feelings will allow you to believe it. So I choose to simply not think about it. Thank you.  

SpitFire: Well...what can I say? Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough. But I thank you anyways from the bottom of my heart. I'm glad you enjoyed this piece and hope you gained some strength from it.  

Sea: As always I love seeing your replys Sea. I'm glad you liked this one and look forward to reading more of yours.  

Joel the wolf: You're welcome for the "memories".   I'm not quite sure what a montra is, but I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you.  

Lone Wolf: No truer words have ever been spoken (your reply that is). Thank you and the best of luck to you as well.  

amazon_lover: I know exactly what you're talking. I was in a relationship that made me feel the exact same way. I posted a piece called Torment quite some time in this forum that you might also relate to. One shouldn't have to hide their feelings when you love somebody. And you shouldn't be made to feel like you love is wrong or a grave sin. If the person is not willing to accept your love, then that person is simply not worth it. Break your chains and rid yourself of people like that. Because if you don't, it will eat you up inside and leave you with nothing but an empty feeling in your heart, mind, body and soul. Thank you and I wish you the best of luck.  

Thank you all once "again"...lol.   I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has ever felt this way.  

G

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
9 posted 2000-05-11 01:20 PM

Very emotional, powerful and so very well written!  I too have known a false love and have been used.  This poem is perfect for those who have been scorned by past lovers, thanks for sharing this!  

Take care,
Melissa Honeybee

FindAgapeLove
since 2006-08-28
Posts 2
CA
10 posted 2007-01-24 01:06 AM

What about me....your baby girl. I want to see my papa, "Again." I want to watch football with you, "Again." I want to eat Gelato with you "Again."  I want you to swim with you, "Again." I want to cuddle with you "Again." Please don't papa, please. . . don't leave me, "Again."   Holly L. Webb
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Again

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary