navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » The Lorelei
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Lorelei Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
patricianne
since 2000-05-04
Posts 66

0 posted 2000-05-10 01:27 PM

The Lorelei

You sing your siren song,
Warning all others.
They praise your glorious voice.
Where was my warning?

Your beauty is renowned,
Your outer beauty.
Do they know you?
What is within?

When I was floundering,
Lost at sea,
Listening, listening,
Where was your song?

Your flesh and blood,
Left to her own devices.
To find her own way.
I sing for you now.

© Copyright 2000 patricianne - All Rights Reserved
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
1 posted 2000-05-10 10:29 PM

What would I have done without HOMER and the singing Sirens, the have pulled mankind, to torture their souls, upon the rocks of our minds.
And womankind.
I just didn't want to leave anybody out.
I love the way you put this together.
Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 2000-05-11 12:27 PM

Watch it Joel, don't label all women kind!! HAHA LOL
Good work here, obviously you've been taunted by a siren, so sorry, hope the venting helped!!  Well written too  

At last I have heard the song of enlightenment.... In your heart you can hear it now, if you listen....
It is the song your spirit has been singing since the moment of your birth. All lasting victories are won in the heart....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

patricianne
since 2000-05-04
Posts 66

3 posted 2000-05-11 11:31 AM

Thank you Joel and Isis. this poem was actually about my Mother, and I don"t think it would have been appreciated for a Mothers Day poem!!
hot potato
since 2000-04-19
Posts 6

4 posted 2000-05-11 11:59 AM

ahhh, the joys of the mother daughter relationships.....
I always have wanted to hear more about this time of your life, and what a way to express it...
I love the images you used, the siren idea is awesome, and shows, I think how strange it would have been for you to watch all the people being lured in, when you know what's going to happen, and with childish knowledge, can't understand why anyone else can't see what you can...the truth behind the facade.

Wow, this is powerful, and yeah, I don't think you should send it to Hallmark for their next issue of Mother's Day cards...

Hey, look at wow upside down...

patricianne
since 2000-05-04
Posts 66

5 posted 2000-05-11 03:21 PM

Hi hot potato, Knew you would understand this one!!  Couldn't help but wonder if you could see all those things in your growing up years too. See ya around the web.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » The Lorelei

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary