navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Sub Existance
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sub Existance Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 2000-04-23 07:06 PM

Hazardous subexistance,
Bordering on nonexistance,
So sick of the pretense,
She says in her own defence.

These days have seen my spirit die,
My life propelled out of control,
Tell me how can I retrieve,
The life that all this saddness stole.

You said you loved my spirit,
It is what drew you to me,
Did you decide right there to kill it?
So I could join you in misery?

Such beauty and spirit should be squashed,
Crushed into eternity,
There is no place for it!
God, will you never see?

My spirit it's the essence of me,
Made of love and fire,
Sense, substance and humour,
The sparkle that never tires.

My spirit, my soul, my self,
The best I have to give,
Don't want to put it on a shelf,
I simply want it to glow and live..

A heart and soul are not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

© Copyright 2000 Isis - All Rights Reserved
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
1 posted 2000-04-23 07:27 PM

me to kid, Glow and live.
This starts strong and finishes the same way. I like the strength you seem to be showing in the latest post. good work.
Joel. (Dad) hahaha

I howl a mornful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 2000-04-23 07:47 PM

Thanks Joel *DAD*  (hugs)  

A heart and soul are not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...
~Isis~

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
3 posted 2000-04-23 09:28 PM

Isis,

Powerful poem and strong words chosen.  If I may say, perhaps the time has come to move on and begin anew??  Probably the only way to retrieve that which has been lost.  Sorry to say I relate to your feelings at times in my life.  Hope it gets better for you.  

Didn't mean anything by the comment, just my thoughts on your situation.  Hope I did not offend you in any way.

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2000-04-24 12:32 PM

Grow my friend. . . grow and live. . . grow as you are meant to. . . and let nothing stunt that growth. . .

Powerful poem Isis. . .let your branches out!!  Never stop. . . never wilt. . . never fade. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
5 posted 2000-04-25 02:08 AM

Isis~
Loved this poem and I can never see you wilting or Fading... I see you as an eternal light~
Love Tracie~

Keep all the windows of your mind open
Anne Rooks

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

6 posted 2000-04-25 06:48 AM

Your spirit is beautiful, loving and caring. It needs to be cradled, nurtured, and cherished. Your words are sad but honest and heartfelt. They reach dry places inside of myself, and others I know. We are body, mind and spirt, and all three cry out for a response to words such as these that merge the three together.
they cry out for love.

Kathleen

kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
7 posted 2000-04-25 10:55 AM

isis, all i can say is it takes many battle victories to win the war.  and unfortunately, it seems we are destined to be soldiers for life.  i, for one, am in the same army!!! so bunk with me!!! hahahaha  who loves ya, hun!?
me, that's who..... i see your glow over many seas of blue!!!!!!

*****kynder

kittyj
since 2000-04-17
Posts 32
CANADA
8 posted 2000-04-25 12:36 PM

Isis, this hits home so hard to me.
Once upon a time, I gave everything to a boy who said under his breath "I'm gonna destroy you".  And I let him do it over and over, until he handed me the weapons, and I began to do it to myself. And when I finally realized what had happened, everyone had given up on me, and the worst thing was, I had given up on myself.  And everyday is an uphill battle, but even when I can barely see through the tears, that light inside is still there.  And I forget that far too easily sometimes.  
But thank you for reminding me that the sparkle is always there, sometimes dim and fading, but never gone completely.  Uh, I hope I am making sense.  

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
9 posted 2000-04-25 06:46 PM

Thanks everyone!!   Like all I have high days and low days...

~Isis~

dhuron
since 2000-03-19
Posts 476

10 posted 2000-04-25 06:48 PM

Powerful post Isis.

As kynder said, we are warriors, fighting an eternal battle, at times we sink to the pits and think we are lost. But, we always bounce up, your soul is perhaps one of the brightest I've seen, we are here to help one another anyway and everway.  You've got my addy if you need to talk*S*

Daniel

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Sub Existance

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary