navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Promises Are Only Lies
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Promises Are Only Lies Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida

0 posted 2000-04-17 03:18 PM

Promises fly from your lips
As quickly as the lies.
You fill my brain with
Visions of smiles and passion
Intertwined.
But the sun sets,
And rises as it should-
With no fulfillment of the lie
You promised was
All good.

*****kynder

quote:
God will not look you over for medals, degrees or diplomas, but for scars. - written by Elbert Hubbard, profound to Kynder.

© Copyright 2000 Kynder - All Rights Reserved
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
1 posted 2000-04-17 03:30 PM

I do know that we (most) men don't think with our heads, nor with our hearts, in times of passion, that doesn't leave much to think with,  so we let the necessary words flow that we think you want to hear, to ease, to give false strength, to build false bridges.
With that in mind.
And this sad but true tale.
I'll not promises a thing, but give my heart in friendship.
Joel.< !signature-->

I howl a mornful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

[This message has been edited by Joel the wolf (edited 04-17-2000).]

dhuron
since 2000-03-19
Posts 476

2 posted 2000-04-17 05:27 PM

In this day and age Promises are made and rarely kept.  It is sad but true, that we don't know who and which promises to trust.
Wonderful Job

Daniel

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, not the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

kittyj
since 2000-04-17
Posts 32
CANADA
3 posted 2000-04-17 05:37 PM

A short time ago, I could not tell the difference between the promise and a lie.  All of my promises were lies.  And it is so good to be able to tell the difference now.  No one can be honest all of the time, "writers are liars" ha ha.  But promises, I go out of my way to keep my promises now, because they are valuable and rare.  There is nothing more precious than when someone comes through for you.  But it can be hard to open back up to that, because there is a risk involved.  
Thanks for posting this.  I am extremely new here, and have much to learn.  But I have learned something here, so thank you.

Broken Wings
since 2000-03-18
Posts 157
Miami, FL.
4 posted 2000-04-17 07:44 PM

I think we all know too well what its like to have promises broken, i sure do. not so long ago i started saying..i promise i'll TRY to do so and so..sometimes we make promises that at that moment we intend to keep and we forget to look beyond that moment to see if the promise is possible...and yes there are some people that  make promises just to break them.
WELL DONE!  

take care
Broken Wings

"As you learn and grow, you will realize the greater the pain, the greater the growth."
-IYANLA VANZANT

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Promises Are Only Lies

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary