navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Is it ever enough?
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Is it ever enough? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rod17NYC
since 2000-04-08
Posts 4

0 posted 2000-04-08 08:14 PM

Dear life,

I've spent years trying to figure you out, and when I think I’m getting there
You just bring me back from the start...
Life..What have you in storage for me?...more break ups and pain? happiness?..Do you hear me?...I can’t just stand here in the rain...
I've tried...so hard to live up to your expectations..but when is it good enough?,,,what have I done wrong?..please tell me...how much longer?...
You never played it easy..and I was never too much into the game...but do I have to go through this?...when is it enough?....you made me lose myself in the arms of someone soon to be taken away from me...and based on the past, you made me forget the future....why did you bring me him?...why did you set up everything so perfectly..and made me fall so hard?..if you knew it wouldn’t last enough to fulfill the needs of my heart?....and now...what are you planning this time?....bringing me someone new...making me fall harder and harser so soon.....is it all a test?...please tell me...cuz I can't take another crash....I’ve been smiling for way too long..what r u planning this time?...just whatever you do..please don’t take me away from his side..nothing I've ever asked had more meaning than this....let me start something new....let me just sit with him and watch the moon..not worrying that your gonna have a surprise and everything will again turn dark...let me just be...and I’ll handle the consequences for being free...but please..just let me be....

© Copyright 2000 Rod17NYC - All Rights Reserved
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
1 posted 2000-04-08 08:31 PM

Welcome Rod, to Passions and the Dark Forums!
This first piece was certainly unusual and I enjoyed the way you wrote a letter to your 'life'.  I'm interested to say what you produce next!!  

A heart and soul are not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Hope, tears, and renewal
since 2000-03-27
Posts 74

2 posted 2000-04-08 08:57 PM

That was great, rod.  It was so unique, and i think i know how you feel... looking forward to reading more.
dhuron
since 2000-03-19
Posts 476

3 posted 2000-04-09 03:01 AM

Rod17NYC,

Great post, I loved how you wrot it.  Life is a funny thing, but sometimes what we think is the worst thing is actually the best thing in the future.

The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, not the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN
4 posted 2000-04-09 02:29 PM

This was great Rod. I'm actuallt feeling this same way..."I’ve been smiling for way too long..what r u planning this time?." seems like nothing can ever go right so we sit here waiting for it to crash. My advice...Don't waste you time thinking about what bad might happen and just enjoy the smiles.If it is meant to be it will   (wish i would listen  to my own advice lol) Good Luck and welcome into the dark. Here is a candle....it gets pretty dark in here sometimes you might need it.

< !signature-->

Don't fear failure so
much that you refuse to
try new things. The
saddest summary of a
life contains three
descriptions:
could have,
might have,
and should have.
--Louis Boone

[This message has been edited by just_another_fe (edited 04-09-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Is it ever enough?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary