navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Sweet Release
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sweet Release Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tess
since 2000-03-22
Posts 288
Australia

0 posted 2000-03-29 10:18 AM

I hear the sounds of life around me,
But they are speaking in different tongues,
The voices I hear have no meaning for me.

I see the wonder and joy of life on the faces around me,
But they do not acknowledge my existence,
Not even the slightest flicker of recognition shows in their eyes.

I imagine the loving sensation as two people connect,
But a paralysing numbness prevents me from feeling,
And insular bubble secluding me from the world.

The pleasures of life hold no happiness for me.
Their appearance merely a reminder of my hellish reality.
A lifetime in Limbo.

Death would be a sweet release,
For my already rotting soul.

"Love is the only drug you can take that will convince you each time
that you've never had it before."
~author unknown~

© Copyright 2000 Tess - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2000-03-29 10:55 AM

Tess~ this is very saddness, very well expressed.-SEA
Sandra Cox
since 2000-03-24
Posts 48
Essex, London,UK
2 posted 2000-03-29 11:55 AM

How very sad...........great feeling in every line.

Best wishes

Sandra

Broken Wings
since 2000-03-18
Posts 157
Miami, FL.
3 posted 2000-03-29 02:45 PM

Very sad, i know that sometimes death does seem like it would bring relief, but then i think that it wouldn't make sense to leave this world without the answer to the question " WHY "...all this suffering must have a reason.

**HUG**
take care,
Broken Wings

"As you learn and grow, you will realize the greater the pain, the greater the growth."
-IYANLA VANZANT

just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN
4 posted 2000-03-29 02:57 PM

Tess~
I to
have had
the feeling
that death would
be a sweet release
but really do you think
it is? is it really that bad?
I don't think so. Try to take the
pain that you feel and turn it into a
gain instead of a loss. You'll be a stronger than you were before. Try to think of all
you have gained from the experience
instead of what you have lost
Everything that happens
in life has a reason(s)
even if the reason(s)
is unclear in the
begining
~Angie

[This message has been edited by just_another_fe (edited 03-29-2000).]

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2000-03-29 06:18 PM

I feel like this sometime...I just feel like I don't belong in this world..why are others together and laughing and having fun and not me.  But my life is bittersweet..I just have to learn how to embrace the sweet side. Sometimes I feel like that old song "Camp Grenada" it goes "Hello Mother, hello father, this is me at Camp Grenada...it is very entertaining and they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining.  All the counselors hate the waiters..and the lake has alligators.  It's so very entertaining and they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining....Wait a minute..its stopped raining..guys are swimming..girls are sailing..playing baseball..gee thats better..mother, father kindly disregard this letter.
Seems like my life is like that song..I'm feeling really blue than something nice happens and life is beautiful again. Like this... I went to the movies last night and I stopped at Longs drugs to get some candy first and when I threw the candy on the counter and was looking for the seperator the lady in front of me said "Ill buy that candy for you".  I said "I'll let you".  We started talking and she commented that I was a friendly man and I commented that she was friendly too...and we started talking about the new Julia Roberts movie...I liked it and she didn't and so forth...andway I gave her my number and hopefully she'll call.  I love women that approached or talk to me first and women that think opposite from me..it makes life interesting.   So that is my sweet release.  I think your poem inspired me..ha..ha.. James

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-03-29 06:47 PM

So sad this poem, but longing for death IS no release!  You take the pain with you I believe, for you haven't finished what you were meant to do here and now.  You'd be an eternally lost soul.  There is a key within you, the key to your own personal happiness.
Sometimes it's hard to find, I didn't find it until I was 31, but when you do things fall into place, for you know your purpose in this world.  Keep searching hon, don't give up just yet. *hugs*

There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self...
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Sweet Release

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary