navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Innocence Lost
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Innocence Lost Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas

0 posted 2000-03-12 12:02 PM

An innocent child all innocence lost
Do you realize what your sins have cost
You stripped me of my childhood
Hopes and dreams replaced by fears
And I can't count the times
You've had me in tears
You filled me with guilt
And bathed me in shame
I hate that we ever
Shared the same name
You made me feel dirty
I'll never be clean
How could you do something
So selfish and mean
All those years ago
And it still affects me
You're gone- I'm still a prisoner
I'll never be free

~*Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear*~

© Copyright 2000 Shan Crider - All Rights Reserved
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
1 posted 2000-03-12 01:34 PM

Very honest open poem coming from you heart. Healing is possible, I speak from experience. I checked out your website and it is beautiful. You really do write some beautiful poetry. Hope to see more..
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2000-03-12 01:48 PM

starr,
emotionally powerful work, im sorry you know this pain...as septsong says..we can heal..and the writing is a very good way to help us.take care, jm...
ps, I'll check you page out too...thanks sept

Now for me some words come easy
But I know that they don't mean that much
Compared with the things that are said when lovers touch
You never knew what I loved in you
I don't know what you loved in me
Maybe the picture of somebody you were hoping I might be
jackson browne

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
3 posted 2000-03-13 01:41 AM

Thanks you guys ... my main delimma with this poem is I have a chance to get it published but its not one of those things familys like to talk about they'd rather keep it hidden... in fact my parents would still gladly deny it ever happened so I'm stuck between wanting to publish it and going against my family ...

and glad ya liked my page sept  

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
4 posted 2000-03-13 03:06 AM

wow,  this one really hit home with me.  i feel the same way about my father.  especaly when you said that you shared the same name.  i had the same name as my father till i changed it.  now i stand out of his shadow.  i am now free from that.  but i am still not free from the guilt and pain that he brought me.  sometimes all i can do is cry when i think back to my child hood.  and how it was ripped from me at an early age.  i just want ya to know that i am here for you.  i know the pain all to well.  if you ever need a shoulder i am here.  i am just an e-mail away.  be strong my friend for you are not alone...

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a frieght train coming your way...
MetallicA

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
5 posted 2000-03-13 08:16 AM

Jesse-Well, mine was my grandfather, or should I say my dad's dad ... I sort of severed all connections to that years ago and now usually refer to him as that sick old man... The sad thing about this whole situation is that we the victims end up feeling guilty for something that is not our fault, it's something that stays with us... Thanks for the understanding    and thanks for your offer and if you need to ever need to talk I'm an email away as well !

ill_tactics
since 2000-02-11
Posts 149

6 posted 2000-03-13 05:31 PM

the healing may be there, but you will never forget those times.  that was a nice poem, with a very strong picture.  Keep your head up, and keep up the writing, hope to hear more.  Much love, One love, PEACE
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
7 posted 2000-03-13 06:49 PM

I too had a lesser experience with my uncle.
My Mum believed me, Dad didn't.  In most cases I believe you shouldn't do that to your family.  Write them for yourself keep them on file, whatever, but don't publicly declare stuff like that, it'll hurt the family and hurt you.
That is my humble opinion..

May the world hug you today,
With it's warmth and love.
I pray it whispers a joyful tune in your heart,
That tell you there is a friend sitting in another corner of the world,
Wishing you well and
wishing you love......
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Innocence Lost

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary