navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Escape
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Escape Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
chic
since 2000-01-26
Posts 245
yellville, Ar, U.S.

0 posted 2000-03-03 09:50 AM

This feeling inside
I must explain.
I want to die
and end my pain.

Wanting out
I get a knife.
It's a way to die
and end my strife.

I'm gonna do it
I feel I must.
Into my chest
this knife I'll thrust.

I fall to the ground
my end is nearing.
So many did me wrong
like my father, whom I'm no longer fearing.

Those who loved me
I'll truely miss.
Those who didn't
led me to this.

"Life is a game and we have to play, but in the end...we all die."-by me!

© Copyright 2000 Barbara Mendoza - All Rights Reserved
devinmaria
since 2000-02-14
Posts 130
Middletown, Ohio
1 posted 2000-03-03 09:59 AM

although this was a good poem, it saddnes me because ending your life is NEVER the way out, even though it may seem like the ONLY way out.  if you are going to thrust anything into your chest, make it a fist.  piund your fist on your chest and say to yourself that you believe in yourself and love yourslef enough to not end a life that someone does love dearly.  im sorry to ramble but its just a topic that hits home for me and i hope you get through this.

aimee  

Trust I seek and I find in you. Everyday for us something new. Open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. --Metallica

chic
since 2000-01-26
Posts 245
yellville, Ar, U.S.
2 posted 2000-03-03 10:01 AM

to tell the truth...i could never harm myself, but this is just a way of getting the anger out of myself and keeping me from actually hurting myself (if that makes any sense)

devinmaria
since 2000-02-14
Posts 130
Middletown, Ohio
3 posted 2000-03-03 10:13 AM

makes alot of sense actually, i do the same thing.  and i know i have written a few like this one too.  great poem, and i hope it helped you get it all out.  

aimee  

Trust I seek and I find in you. Everyday for us something new. Open mind for a different view, and nothing else matters. --Metallica

chic
since 2000-01-26
Posts 245
yellville, Ar, U.S.
4 posted 2000-03-03 11:49 AM

it helped a little to talk about it, but i still carrie the pain and sorrow inside.

sonjes
since 2000-02-18
Posts 564
North Carolina
5 posted 2000-03-03 09:17 PM

I agree that it is never the way out, but for a long time all poems that I wrote ended in suicide.  Just a way to get it out.  Kudos to you, Chic, for getting it out in such poetic fashion.  
Oh, and try not to let other people bring you down.  You'll find that they were never worth it.   for Chic.

Chinese fortune cookie say:
There are many unexpected & thrilling surprises in store for you.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-03-03 10:11 PM

Chic, glad to see that you DON"T want to commit suicide.  Hon, I have a favour to ask, here at Passion we cannot condone suicide or anything that may somehow glorify it to our younger readers.  Can you tone this down some???  If you can't or refuse to I shall have to close the thread.
It is a good piece and I'm glad you are using the poetry as a venting tool, but the rules round Passions is not to condone or support suicide in anyway for the impressionable young.  Hoping you'll do this.
Let's say within the hour?  
If you want to discuss this please email me!

May the world hug you today,
With it's warmth and love.
I pray it whispers a joyful tune in your heart,
That tell you there is a friend sitting in another corner of the world,
Wishing you well and
wishing you love......
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Escape

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary