navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » What's Next?
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic What's Next? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
shock gospel
since 2000-02-02
Posts 33

0 posted 2000-02-03 02:34 AM

What's Next?
What's next?.. is that death?.. is he knocking at my door?
Where will I run.. where will I hide.. when in time there is no more.
What's next? someone tell me, I've been waiting all my life.
There's a lot of speculation, on this matter of truth.. but not many who seem to be right.
What's next please? I've my whole life ahead of me.
But as I look back, I've lived half my life.
And if those years are a fleeting memory, how quick comes the end.. and could it end as quickly as time gone by.
Don't wait 'till I'm to weak, to tell me what's next please.. hear my voice it's an honest plea.
I don't want to know what everybody thinks about God..
I want to know God..
What's next for me?

© Copyright 2000 shock gospel - All Rights Reserved
Jannel
since 2000-01-18
Posts 492
Muncie, IN, USA
1 posted 2000-02-03 10:53 AM

This really touched me, especially the "I don't want to know... I want to know God" I have been feeling the very same thing recently. Thank you for a poem full of truth.
Jannel

danni
since 1999-11-20
Posts 688
wisconsin
2 posted 2000-02-03 03:52 PM

I too liked that line, very much. But, it will do you no good to spend this life that has been given to you wondering when it will end and we will never truly know what happens then. That is why we have our faith. When God wants us, he will take us. And all we can do is live the way that he intended the best that we can and have faith that he has something special in store for us when it is time.  
Anyway, I liked this much. I have wondered the same from time to time, and that was the rationalization that I came up with.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
3 posted 2000-02-03 08:29 PM

I liked this too, we all feel this way.  But pondering on the subject for a few moments, I decided I don't want to know, life would be boring and predictable.  No surprise, no anticipation or excitement.  Well Done  

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
~Isis~
(Sovereign of the Spirit)

shock gospel
since 2000-02-02
Posts 33

4 posted 2000-02-03 09:20 PM

What's next, is a life after death question, not a, next week thing. Understand that the reflection is an observation of peoples spirits and minds that I have met, as a street preacher, in, I might add some of the most hellish inner cities around the country.
As for me, I've been kickin it with Jesus for more than 20 years, since he found me in the streets of L.A. dying of a cocaine addiction, wondering "what's Next For Me?"
                  shock gospel

TanAngel
since 2000-02-01
Posts 168
Oviedo, Florida, USA
5 posted 2000-02-03 10:27 PM

Uh, ok I don't quite understand your responses b/c I don't think I feel the same way of god that you do...Although I can not relate to this poem I understand the emotion that you bring out of it.

armanca
since 1999-07-07
Posts 211
Tennessee
6 posted 2000-02-03 11:33 PM

Lovely piece...and well done.

Carman

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » What's Next?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary