navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » The blues
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic The blues Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2000-01-30 08:40 AM

The blues

I hate it when the blues use me.
Emotional baggage fucs.
Excessive luggage sucs.
Intense grief burdening me.
Low spirits enveloping the scene.
A victim of my loneliness?
A captive passive audience?
Knocking on my door
a dirty rotten hore
with massive clinging claws
digging deeply in
implanting darkness and depression
injecting gloomy dejection.
A victim of my circumstances?
Lost opportunities or missed chances?
Knocking on my door
sorrow comes for more
a dirty rotten hore
abusive to the core
don't want any more.
Wonder why I hate the blues?

Jameslee@Jan30,2000

© Copyright 2000 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
1 posted 2000-01-30 05:22 PM

For the same reason we all hate them James,
they suck!!  I'm ok btw just suffering from stress and it's getting to me physically. Thanks for your concern.

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
~Isis~
(Sovereign of the Spirit)

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2000-01-30 06:21 PM

I'm glad your doing O.K. Isis nothing a little unstress won't solve?   I remember not to long ago when I was really going thru it my son in the army was temporarily transferred from Germany to Albania to support TASK FORCE HAWK in Kosovo and I was stressed worrying about his safety and thinking he might end up in Kosovo in a war zone.(he never went to Kosovo, stayed in Albania)  Also me and my exwife rarely communicate unless it concerns our 3 sons.
She was super stressed and called me many times so finally I told her "Beth, take a deep breath, close your eyes and breath deeply, and relax, it will be alright.  And then I told her to go and join a gym or health spa or take up scuba diving or hiking.  Anything to relieve that stress from the fear and anxiety."  Also I told her the ones in the most danger during this period were fighter and bomber pilots and of course the infantry if they had to go in.  My son is a personnel clerk which is a safer position in the military.  I was stressed myself during that period and my friend Tina could sense that and she was really there for me during that period.  Friends are an important part of stress relief.  My son was in Albania for 120 days and now he is back in Germany, thank God.   During that period of time I also had a friend moving from Califoria to the big island and she was going thru the stress thing.  Thats when I wrote my poem "A stress mess" for myself and for Sharna.  Sorry I wrote so much.  Take care of yourself special angel.    James

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 posted 2000-01-30 06:43 PM

I see why you hate the blues, although I must admit I sometimes enjoy "drowning" in self-pity. It helps me get rid of a lot of un-needed feelings and I always snap out of it after a couple of hours.   Good poem James.
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2000-01-31 06:21 PM

Thank you for your compliments Munda.  James
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
5 posted 2000-06-29 07:14 AM

Damn I got the blues again...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » The blues

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary