navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Blind
Dark Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Blind Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lil OnE
since 1999-12-14
Posts 234
Pasco County. Fl.

0 posted 2000-01-10 02:28 PM

I was born blind,
and have never wanted to see.

I have learned to calculate
the brightness of  black...
and am now afraid of nothing
but the light.

The black & darkness: my heart.
The light being love.
Afraid to give my heart away...
Afraid that once again,
It will be returned in peices.

Why do we ... I ... fear love?
Is it just the fear of pain,
or is it a fear that anyone could
actually ...  ... love me?   Love ME.

No, that's impossible
isn't it?
Could anyone love me
for me?

No.
NO!!
I AM right.

It really IS impossible

I merely say what's in my heart
and you call it a style.
Don't put it in a cage, don't
mistreat it. You say you're
hungry for knowledge... Here it
is... EAT IT!! -DMX

~Lil OnE~

© Copyright 2000 Christine L. Kelly - All Rights Reserved
Lil OnE
since 1999-12-14
Posts 234
Pasco County. Fl.
1 posted 2000-01-10 02:49 PM

Before anyone asks... no I'm not blind physically. I am blind in love. I was born unloved, and that's how I'll die. I'm engaged and I love my fiancee very much, and I know he love's me just as much, but you'd have to know more to understand... so if this helps you to understand the poem any better, good!!
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
2 posted 2000-01-10 03:11 PM

I feel similar to you...although you may or may not want to believe it...you can be born into a loving family and still be lonely in being. Because it's not just love that we are after...it's understanding. I wish you the best in your marriage and I hope that things change for you...although, I know, that it doesn't seem like it ever will. Maybe just because you don't know how to change...or maybe darkness has become you..or as we..meaning you and I...say that we were born like this. But you are not blind my friend, you just have to know how to look. With an open-mind and an open-heart...you have to be ready. And you will be afraid..just as I am..but what is more powerful...you or your fears. Who is in control? It is YOUR LIFE. You have to learn how to let go. It's never easy...but it's the only way you'll find your love. But you won't find it only within yourself..eventually you must venture. Or you will fall.

"They can take away my belongings. They can beat me. They can torchure me and they can kill me. Then they will have my dead body. But they will not have my obedience."
-Gandhi

~*Angel of Darkness*~

patchoulipumpkin
since 2000-01-01
Posts 196
Bermuda
3 posted 2000-01-10 04:10 PM

This is great, and i've wondered it myself, does anybody love the real capitalised ME or do they just love the lower case me.  Very cool.
Bojopy
since 2000-01-03
Posts 391

4 posted 2000-01-10 07:57 PM

I really liked the writing scheme in the line "Why do we...I...fear love?
What a great idea in that!! I enjoyed this piece.  

"Write down what you say if what you say is not written down" (Bojopy)

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2000-01-10 11:56 PM

Gee this could turn out to be a discussion this topic!!   I too feel that way.  I believe I am misunderstood by my husband.  He tries, I love him, he loves me, but he will never be a kindred of mine. It's sad.
Family I have the most loving biological and adoptive parents, so I never lacked it either.
If you wish to talk about this personally I do have a few ideas... please email me.
For now I will say the poem is wonderful, many of us have felt or feel this way...BUT don't give up on the light yet or EVER  

Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.
~Isis~
(Sovereign of the Spirit)

dreemr
since 2000-01-10
Posts 34
Covington, LA, USA
6 posted 2000-01-11 12:45 PM

Gee there really ARE others out there  
God , I've found a home...finally...
I too am in a "loving" relationship. And I agree with Isis in that we can be loved but not understood completely and hence feel incomplete and lacking in certain sustenance. But my "other" once told me that there are certain things we cannot do for each other and it's ok to look elsewhere for these things. (like poetry forums   ) It helps alot but still we feel alone because I'm afraid as Lil One says: It really IS impossible. For how can anyone else understand us if we don't truly understand ourselves. We can only hope that through our colorful yet (and I don't mean this critically or disparagingly) feeble attempts at disclosure we offer a fleeting glimpse of who or what we really are and hope someone can see it.

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
7 posted 2000-01-11 07:47 AM

I have never heard these feeling stated so well.  They are definately felt by many, I can assure you that.  Doubts arise from negative experiences, but I do believe everyone can love and can be loved if they will allow it.  I, too, bite at the hand of love when it reaches to me, or at least have most of my life.  But it goes back to fear - not of love - but of love being lost.  Great poem.

Michael

Lil OnE
since 1999-12-14
Posts 234
Pasco County. Fl.
8 posted 2000-01-11 02:12 PM

I am dumbfounded. I had no clue that so many people felt the same way ... I guess you just have to go to the right places!   Thank you all for your replies... they mean more than words can say. Isis... I will be sure to e-mail you Thanks again, everyone!!

and you call it a style.
is... EAT IT!! -DMX

~Lil OnE~

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
9 posted 2000-01-11 02:37 PM

It's not neccessarily the love that we fear...it's the fact that we are taking a huge risk. The risk of getting hurt or having our trust betrayed. It's especially hard for people who don't trust people anyway...because they have to break the habits that they have formed over a course of time spent alone. I know that the discussion was pretty much over but I thought that I should contribute that...even though it's quite obvious. I don't know..it's just that sometimes you need to see or hear things for them to seem real within you. Maybe more than once.

< !signature-->

"They can take away my belongings. They can beat me. They can torchure me and they can kill me. Then they will have my dead body. But they will not have my obedience."
-Gandhi

~*Angel of Darkness*~

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (edited 01-11-2000).]

Lil OnE
since 1999-12-14
Posts 234
Pasco County. Fl.
10 posted 2000-01-11 02:42 PM

it's a risk to speak my feelings,
what if he laughs.
it's a risk to deal with conflict,
what if he yells at me
it's a risk to express my frustrations,
what if i start to cry
it's a risk to voice my pain
what if... once i find the words ... they go unheeded
it's a risk to live out my love
what if love isn't returned?
it's a risk to embrace
what if the embrace isn't welcome,
or even worse
returned lukewarm
it's a risk to show my vulnerability
what if i appear weak
it's a risk to cry out
what if nobody responds

i wrote this awhile ago, but it fits here quite nicely. although, i know here, people will respond when i cry out, because it's likely that they're crying out too!!

and you call it a style.
is... EAT IT!! -DMX

~Lil OnE~

Lil OnE
since 1999-12-14
Posts 234
Pasco County. Fl.
11 posted 2000-01-15 05:50 PM

Did anyone read the last reply I put on this? Please do...
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
12 posted 2000-01-29 06:38 AM

Hey lil one I have wondered a thousand times if anyone will ever truly love me and I have feared a million times that if i revealed myself to those I care for they would laugh at me or reject me.  All my doubts and fears would not allow me to be friends with my first wife and I lost her because she found the friendship she so earnestly desired with others.   Now I am totally different.  I am open and honest with women I meet..sometimes revealing too much and not waiting for the right opportunities..not waiting for their feelings and desires to build.  I believe I have gone to the opposite extreme and I hope that I will find the right balance.  And some of the things I feared were true.  Some people do not like me but their will be one who accepts me as I am and who finds enjoyment in my company.  I know it.  James
Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
13 posted 2000-01-29 04:50 PM

This is very nice and your second poem you would here was just as nice or even better. Life, love, and friendship are all risk worth taking. Of course there will be hurts along the way, but so too will there be joys we never would have known if we hadn't taken the risk. To love is life, and to risk is pain, but for flowers to grow they need the rain and the sunshine both.  Enjoyed your poetry.
Lil OnE
since 1999-12-14
Posts 234
Pasco County. Fl.
14 posted 2000-01-31 01:49 PM

jmlee 12345... I firmly believe you will find that person... best of luck. I can honestly say that I know how you feel... I often wonder if my fiancee knows me. I mean, I know he knows me, but does he REALLY?
Septsong... thank you VERY much!!! I really love it when people are actually supportive of me, you just don't know. Thanks!

You don't know me, but you don't like me.
You say you could care less how I feel.
But how many of you who sit and judge me
have ever walked the streets in my shoes?-Korn
~Lil OnE~

~Venus~
since 2000-01-27
Posts 128

15 posted 2000-01-31 06:18 PM

"She's Love, she loves, and yet she is not lov'd."

Shakespeare says it best, huh? For a while, I felt as if there wasn't a person in the world who could possibly understand what I was feeling. But I have met that person, and he loves and understands me.

By the way, great poems!  

~goddess of love, passion, and desire~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #1 » Blind

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary