navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » Standard Use of Lines That Mean Nothing To Us
Open Poetry #32
Post A Reply Post New Topic Standard Use of Lines That Mean Nothing To Us Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
young_blood
since 2003-09-19
Posts 1115
Indianapolis, IN

0 posted 2004-05-23 11:46 PM

Standard Use of Lines That Mean Nothing To Us

Let us play with deafening power that even the most hearing impaired can understand,
Something that only giants of requiescat song fondle at will.
So do we play God for a while longer, adding our own beauty to old perfection?
Destroying the ways of our fathers for the sake advancement.
We try to create a resemblance of lost flawlessness, the flaws of my own creation;
Clear lines of black logic (And I think intelligence is my own).
Shamefaced and in shambles from a history of mistakes solving questions of morality
And I know that any falsities in my thinking are learned from those before.

Say goodnight as I point the finger in the mirror and dip the tip into an inkwell of blo*d,
Writing swooping calls to a former obsession for precision upon the walls.
With the power of oppression fresh in the message, I ascertain a sense of despair;
Desperation left of a right-handed guitar in the corner (Music sets the mood).
With no time to spare (Aside from the hours scrolling on the clock) I wake a desire to leak,
Leak lonely thoughts and ideas of what beauty should represent.
Cruciality means little to those who strive for perfection among a world of failing everything,
Even the children know that the sky is falling down upon our lungs.

If only I could remember the estivation of a summer day, then inspiration would fire,
The flames would spread and the casings of projectiles would fall flat. (Inside me)
Boats floating with the fire in our eyes and sprays of aquatic cologne pepper us
And offset time spent in each other’s arms and ignoring what the fire in the sky does.
Can you refresh me on what my memory let slip away behind some other small detail?
Lips pressed together with smiles slipping through the passion that you share.
Now you know the ways that I try to find the much sought after perfection,
Why do I look when all along it was right in front of my eyes? (Glimmer in beauty)

now im alone, but not lonely like before

[This message has been edited by young_blood (05-24-2004 10:02 AM).]

© Copyright 2004 Alex Lewis - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2004-05-24 01:47 AM

Seems to me, you have been inspired, to shed a cocoon and set free some new ideas.
I enjoyed this very much, and though I am not sure I understand all of it, understanding it all isn't crucial to appreciating it anyway.
I look forward to reading more from you.

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
2 posted 2004-05-24 03:09 AM

"Now you know the ways that I try to find the much sought after perfection,
Why do I look when all along it was right in front of my eyes? (Glimmer in beauty)"

You obviously have a brilliant mind -- and I'm no genius so like Midnitesun, I don't get it all -- but I certainly did get the last part.  I want to add to that:  Look in the mirror -- you will see perfection -- for every creation is perfect even in its imperfection.  

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2004-05-24 04:08 AM

I admire the way you write
young_blood
since 2003-09-19
Posts 1115
Indianapolis, IN
4 posted 2004-05-24 10:01 AM

thank you all very much, i've been easing into this forum and the welcome i have recieved has been wonderful. once again thank you all.
DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
5 posted 2004-08-21 04:16 AM

Your poetry makes me want to understand you...

**You can't always trust the people you want to**

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #32 » Standard Use of Lines That Mean Nothing To Us

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary