navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » A WAR ANNIVERSARY
Open Poetry #31
Post A Reply Post New Topic A WAR ANNIVERSARY Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Abe
since 2003-05-28
Posts 694
Looks like Vero Beach, FL until the end!

0 posted 2004-03-19 08:41 AM

"THE FIRST WAR OF THE 21st CENTURY"

Well, it’s been a year, now
Since we went off to War
To give Iraq its Freedom
But some, gave so much more.

Nearly six hundred, gave their All
Many more, wounded in the fight
To give a foreign land’s people
Their, God given, Right.

We found the evil of Saddam
Hiding down, in his "rat hole"
And we took out his crazy sons
That was, part of our goal.

We were told we were in danger
But, now some say it wasn’t so
Maybe we were, or weren’t
I guess now, we’ll never know.

Some say, we shouldn’t be there
But, the fact is, we are
And right or wrong, the ending
Is somewhere off, afar.

Many more will give their Life
Before this War is won
With, more questions than answers
Before, it’s all said and done.

But, no matter what we think
There’s one thing that’s pure, and true
That’s the Heroism of our Soldiers
Who fight for "them", and me, and you.

03-19-2004

Del "Abe" Jones

© Copyright 2004 Del - All Rights Reserved
ice
Member Elite
since 2003-05-17
Posts 3404
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2004-03-19 10:49 AM

Abe
There is no one that agrees with the last statement more than I...What I protest now is not the soldiers, but them having been sent there by incompetent leaders for reasons still unknown...They are sworn to do their duty, I honor that, But my duty as a civilain is to question their commander...
Enjoyed the read...
________ice
  ><>

DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

2 posted 2004-03-19 11:16 AM

Abe

You emailed this to me.  Can I ask if you do that, you put piptalk in the heading.

I check the trail of email address on an ownknown mail, catagorised it as spam and then saw it here.  

I have now unblocked it.

But whoses God given right.

You know you were not in danger from Saddam, the danger was and is terrorists and they're funders.

I worked in the City of London when the first ever IRA bomb went off near a sandwich shop I used.

I was late that day and wasn't there.

Who funded that bomb and who funds this war.

Soldiers are not heroes - heroes end up dead and a lot of others die with them for their activies.

They have professionalism and courage and are prepared to die because they are paid to do so or volunteer to do so and are prepared to accept it and have the mentality to considered it acceptable - they have courage to go on when others wouldn't.

dave

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2004-03-19 04:40 PM

Nice writing...James
Pilgrimage
Member Elite
since 2001-12-04
Posts 3945
Texas, USA
4 posted 2004-03-19 05:47 PM

I agree with a lot of what you say here. I wrote a whole essay here and then deleted it. It doesn't have anything to do with your poem, which is well done.

Nan (Pilgrim variety)

nn
since 2000-09-18
Posts 75

5 posted 2004-03-19 06:10 PM

There are not only soldiers out there. Many more people than just soldiers died in this war...
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
6 posted 2004-03-19 07:02 PM

Abe~
I hope you know how very proud I am to call you friend~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

noles1@totcon.com

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2004-03-20 01:27 PM

(tears fall down my cheeks) We shouldn't be there, and our soldiers don't deserve to be there! (sad sigh) On this very day, I scorn Bush for being not a believer, but a beLIEver in peace. Bush wouldn't know peace if it was a million doves on his Crawford ranch. The fact is, if you believe in war, you do not believe in peace, simple as that, and I will never believe a lion slaughtering the sheep can bring it. Perhaps the Iraqis are undoubtedly better off without Saddam in power now, and no one should feel insecure, but the fact there are no WMD's, that Bush lied and exaggerated, that he even has the thought of vengeance and war in his mind makes him just as much of a terrorist to peace. (sad sigh) I applaud Spain's new leader for vowing to pull back his troops in June and I hope others follow, for if Bush wants it, he should do it himself! God Bless You, sweet friend, let us pray for all the Iraqi civilians and our soldiers and all the other soldiers down there, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Abe, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
8 posted 2004-03-20 01:42 PM

a passionate write

thank you for the gift

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
9 posted 2004-03-20 02:30 PM

Your heart is with those soldiers and I can understand this. You write with passion. Today also some Italian soldiers in Nassyria said they did not want to go home, because they feel Iraqi people need their help and they also want to honor the sacrifice of their comrades....

Death will continue to collect victims. I just think war has never been and never will be the right strategy to make this world a better place.

Today, millions all over the world have marched for peace and have held prayer vigils to end the folly of war and terrorism.

We have no other choice than to awaken to Love, if we want this world and humanity to LIVE.

Love, Margherita

bslicker
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-04
Posts 2321
state of mind
10 posted 2004-03-20 03:08 PM

AGREE!!!!!

Bernie

A smile a day keeps the world in smile's.
Bernie Slicker

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » A WAR ANNIVERSARY

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary