navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » ReReading the Past
Open Poetry #31
Post A Reply Post New Topic ReReading the Past Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ParisGrl
since 2000-06-01
Posts 610

0 posted 2004-03-18 03:43 PM

Today, I did something I've never done before...I reread all of our poems that we wrote for each other.
Even though I know you are now with another and I will soon be too.
There is only one you and you will forever be tucked away in my heart.  I still cry sometimes, I'm crying now.
Why were we so stupid to let go?  Sometimes i wonder if you ever think of me.  I still think of you and I remember a love that was very true

There are times when I want to talk to you or to touch your hand but I can't because you and I are so far apart although......I've never forgotten that day in May when you so gently stole my heart away

Forever a part of my heart will be yours although now i'm going to give the rest of it to another, I want you to know that I loved you so deeply and I still do....I will always always care about you.  

What is done happened for a reason, one that we may never know but I'm happy that you're happy that is all I ever wanted for you

I never meant to cause you so much pain, but in the end I thank you for being everything you are to me
There is no other person like you....you are so sweet and kind

I know you'll never read this poem but if you happen to run across it.....you will know who it is for

I guess I just want you know that I will love you forever (not like that, you know how I mean) but in the end I lost you and found me and for that I will thank you for all eternity.

© Copyright 2004 ParisGrl - All Rights Reserved
DavePage
Member Elite
since 2003-12-21
Posts 2917

1 posted 2004-03-18 04:07 PM

In peace
In love
In understanding

In life

In the mirror of seeing images of
What the hell
We didn't know
What and
How to handle it

We slept
We drank the cup
We drank the coup

We never left

ParisGrl
since 2000-06-01
Posts 610

2 posted 2004-03-18 04:41 PM

Dave,

Thank you for your reply.....my thoughts of her will never leave me.  

~Laura~

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2004-03-18 06:22 PM

Nice writing...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » ReReading the Past

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary