navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » Cloud Of Glory (Inspired by The Passion Of The Christ Movie)
Open Poetry #31
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cloud Of Glory (Inspired by The Passion Of The Christ Movie) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2004-02-27 01:43 PM

http://www.thepassionofthechrist.com/splash.htm

As I look up to the skys,
somehow I feel I am looking
into your eyes,

Waiting to see my heavenly father,
who I have missed for so long,

I have prayed to you everyday and night,
knowing you are there, answering my prayer,

You promised you would come back for me soemday,
you told me not to be led astry, to hold steadfast and true till the end,

He is coming again, on a cloud of glory,
revelation reveals the end of the story,

I will behold his face,
see his amazing grace,

I will see you father, coming on a cloud of glory,
I'll see his glory, I'll feel the warmth of his embrace,

I will finally be home, never feeling lonely or sad,
I'll be renunited with my heavenly father, my heavenly dad,

I've read all your words, left for me here,
I have felt your holy spirit everytime you
were near,

Please come quickly father, this world is in despair, I want to be with you, you have a mansion for me there,

We will walk together on streets of gold, hand in hand,I"ll hear your sweet voice throughout heavens land,

I know your arrival is very soon, I see the signs all over the earth, in the sky, the stars and the moon,

When I met you there, your arms open wide,
my hearts is yours, forever I worship you,
eternally loving you, by your side.

(Go see The Passion Of The Christ)    

http://www.sassiweb.it/trailerpics/
http://www.thepassionofthechrist.com/splash.htm

[This message has been edited by A Romantic Heart (02-27-2004 03:03 PM).]

© Copyright 2004 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2004-02-27 02:18 PM

great write, but I usually wait for the video to rent
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

2 posted 2004-02-27 02:20 PM

this was stunning...beautifully written.  I'm supposed to see this movie tomorrow, but have grown apprehensive due to the violence?  I suppose as the time grows closer, I'll know what to do.  Thank you for sharing....what did you think of the movies.

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
3 posted 2004-02-27 02:47 PM

Thanks Dixie...and Lee..as you can see I have been revived in my spirit....

The movie was great....people were silent afterwards...it is very emotional and you walk away feeling changed..looking at life so more with value, forgetting self...and little petty things....you come to appreciate what Jesus truely did for all of us...his love for us...

~ARH
love and hugs

Open your eyes, open your mind, open your heart, let me come in and show you love.....~ARH

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

4 posted 2004-02-28 05:58 AM

Your love for God is beautiful...as is witnessed here....but you must also live life on earth and grow closer to heaven natuaraly...the poetry is so loving as usual...

As for the film...does it cash in and attempt to make money from the suffering Jesus made for us?...selling of pewter nails...is abhorant...just my opinion...

Thank you for your words...

Goldenrose.xxx

''Each soul is potentialy divine..the goal is to manifest that divinity''

Youngatheart
since 2003-12-30
Posts 333

5 posted 2004-02-28 07:07 AM

I don't mean to get on a soapbox but I don't think Mel did this movie to make money. He is very spiritual and the movie had been a long time dream of his. He put up his own money to do this project...just my opinion.
I love this poem and I am looking forward to seeing the movie...violent or not...it is the reality of what took place and maybe people need to understand this. Again...sorry if I offend anyone.

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
6 posted 2004-02-28 11:16 AM

Goldenrose...the only way to heaven is through the love of Christ and living for him because he died for me...dieing to self...

and i agree with young at heart...Mel was inspiered to write this moive because years ago he himself almost killed himself..it was the love of Christ Jesus that saved him...and this he feels is his tribute to Jesus..

As far as the nail necklaces, I myself would like to have one...WE ALL SHOULD WEAR ONE AROUND OUR NECKS BECAUSE IT WAS US...each of US...put THOSE NAILS in JESUS's HANDS...Each of us have sins and we are ALL guilty of the nails....and in the movie..it is MEL GIBSONS hands that is driving the nails....MEl wanted to do that part... for this reason.

The necklaces are reminders of what Jesus did for us...and the pain..he bore..the crosses with Jesus on them are not true..Jesus is no longer on the cross..he has risen and sits at the right hand of God the father in heaven, being our mediator to God.

~LOVE and HUGs
~ARH

Open your eyes, open your mind, open your heart, let me come in and show you love.....~ARH

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2004-02-29 12:38 PM

Lovely...I believe the definition of passion has to do with suffering, as our Christ has done for us, as a manifestation of the love of God...the scripture says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son."
John 3:16...
I might go see the movie on Sunday...James

MARK V SHELDON
Member Elite
since 2001-06-21
Posts 3015
In a corporeal internship...
8 posted 2004-02-29 07:17 PM

A very flowing and inspired poem, and I'm happy you saw the positive in the movie.  But to be fair in terms of  "equal time" and another point of view, you may be interested in the following two articles which seem to have equal validity:
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/passionofnumbskullery26feb04.shtml

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2004/02/25/notes022504.DTL

Conclusions are subjective, of course, but hopefully others will get something positive from the film-going experience rather than be permanently traumatized by it...

-MVS

You CAN make a difference: http://educate-yourself.org/

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
9 posted 2004-02-29 11:03 PM

Mark I think you should first go and watch the movie before making an opinion from what others have said and then come back and comment...to me gaining knowledge has always been from MY own experiance..not the experiance of others...always seems the intelligent thing to do...make up my own mind..from MY eyes, my heart, my mind seeing....

So many times..friends etc..have told me not to see this or that..do this or that..and to my personal preference they were wrong..I had to see for myself and I am glad I did...trauma...no...love yes....the only trauma was my heart feeling gulity of my sins...and how I had placed those nails in his hands...

I want people to see the truth..below is a link to see every question covered by the movie.....
http://www.cbn.com/special/PassionOfChrist.asp

http://www.beliefnet.com/index/index_525.html
There are words...and then there is TRUTH...
This site has ALL THE ANSWERS! about the movie and more....TRUTH...

futhermore if you want to educate yourself..read the HOLY BIBLE...the true word of a living God...

[This message has been edited by A Romantic Heart (03-01-2004 01:33 AM).]

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
10 posted 2004-02-29 11:32 PM

Wait, p.s., if you must, but seeing it on the big screen would be beneficial.

It is hard to speak of this movie unless I'm speaking to someone who has seen it and too many here surely have not, yet. So I cannot speak to it specifically.

Whether on the shoal or on the shore,
I'll seek the lighthouse evermore.

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
11 posted 2004-03-01 01:20 AM

This is what my poem was all about..the meaning behind it...

God’s Simple Plan of Salvation

My Friend: I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?

God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Ye must be born again.”

In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?

First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.

“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Jesus had to shed His blood and die. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). “ . . . without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]” (Hebrews 9:22).

“ . . . God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.

My friend, “God . . . commandeth all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.

In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”

Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Savior.

“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).

Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.

Surely, you realize you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are, repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.

In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.” Just pray: “Oh God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive Him as my Savior. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen.”

Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!

God’s simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.

You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple.” Yes, that simple! It is scriptural. It is God’s plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.

If His plan is not perfectly clear, read this tract over and over, without laying it down, until you understand it. Your soul is worth more than all the world.

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36).

Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.

God’s power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life. “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God’s promises. They never change. After you are saved, there are three things to practice daily for spiritual growth:

Pray -- you talk to God.
Read your Bible -- God talks to you.
Witness -- you talk for God.
You should be baptized in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ as a public testimony of your salvation, and then unite with a Bible-believing church without delay. “Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord . . . .” (2 Timothy 1:8)

“Whosoever therefore shall confess [testify of] Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32).

[This message has been edited by A Romantic Heart (03-01-2004 04:02 PM).]

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

12 posted 2004-03-01 06:23 AM

And here i was thinking that this site was for writing poetry?....not promoting films....and making sermons..if i wanted that i could look at movie sites and go to church...LOL....

ARH ....i think most of the money from this film should go to you...you seem to have done more than anybody else to promote this film..LOL....just tell Mell to send you all of the royalties...LOL....

If/when you reply to this..dont forget to put the website for the film up AGAIN...LOL..

Goldenrose.

''Each soul is potentialy divine..the goal is to manifest that divinity''

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

13 posted 2004-03-01 02:03 PM

I like the idea of this discussion, as well as the movie...violent yes, anti semetic no.
One must remember, in those days...the entire community was made up of one nationality.

And would we treat the man any different if he came to our world today, proclaiming he was the son of God?  We'd fear him and want to put him away and forget about him...and thats what they did.  

There are good people and bad people in every nation...and if you watched and knew your history, the Romans were the blood thirsty ones.

This movie is not different then any other movie which has been produced...like "Jesus of Nazareth", "The Bible", etc, except it depicts the horror of His suffering, which is and should be a reminder to us....whether we believe or not...there is nothing wrong with some moral rules and humblesness in this world today...especially today.  

I liked the movie, thought it sent a very good and much needed message.  And let me reinterate, I belong to no church...but do possess an extreme amount of faith.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem and heart...its ok to share...matter of fact, I've heard about that people are actually getting together and discussing this movie.

There is one thing I say adamately, there should be no children taken to this movie.  I could not believe a mother of 3, the youngest not being over 2 and the oldest not being over 8 years old???

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
14 posted 2004-04-02 07:02 PM

Very nice inspired post...I watched the movie and I thought it was very nice...might go see it for the second time this Saturday with a friend...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #31 » Cloud Of Glory (Inspired by The Passion Of The Christ Movie)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary