navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » lost to you
Teen Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic lost to you Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada

0 posted 2006-08-11 09:08 PM

I see you when your all alone,
I'm surprised to see you sad,
but i should have known,
so my heart is lost to you.

I feel your sorrow and your pain,
it coming down hard on me,
like heartfelt acid rain,
so my mind is lost to you.

what i'm feeling is contrite,
and it makes me sadder,
that your not alright,
so my soul is lost to you,

and thats all that i can do.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your
heart.

© Copyright 2006 Krysti - All Rights Reserved
PoetAtHeart13
since 2006-08-11
Posts 24
Maryland
1 posted 2006-08-11 09:23 PM

that was pretty good, you should try and extend it further, because I can see you thinking of more great things to add to that poem.

*Amethyst Roq Star*

!~Rissa~!

stargal
since 2006-03-06
Posts 1352
OR USA
2 posted 2006-08-12 01:50 AM

Hey hunnie_girl,

I’m going to try and give you some “constructive criticism” but I’m not sure if it will work, cause most of my ideas are junk that you should ignore (don’t tell anyone though) so here we go…

First off, in the first stanza, it’s a little hard to understand where you are coming from, especially when you say the last two lines. You need something to embellish the story, make it more understandable, and tell us why your heart is lost to this person. In fact the whole poem, in my opinion, needs more to it. You have a great middle sort of part but you need a beginning and an end, no offence.

I think that you have a great general idea to build upon though. It just seems to need a little bit more work, not much though, because the idea that your heart is lost to this person is a great idea and I think, with some more work, on your part this could become a great poem…

The “heartfelt acid rain” was my favorite part in this whole poem. It’s a great descriptive word for the feeling of pain you get when something like this happens. I think that you described it perfectly…

So, I apologize about sounding so negative on everything, but I do want to thank you for posting something for us to all read/enjoy. I can’t wait to see what you come up with next and until than I’ll be waiting to read more from you

"I pray thee, O God, that I
may be beautiful within."
–Socrates
                     @-->---

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #7 » lost to you

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary